Post models that aren't yours ! (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, my brother does very well there, for Pike and Carp especially. His biggest Mirror carp so far was about 24 lb (about 13 kg).

Even if we don't end up moving there, we'll still have to catch if I visit the old man sometime!

...just got a photo from the old man of my brother with a pike he caught last weekend - 21 lb. 7 oz. (about 10 kg) his biggest Pike yet!
Drop us your e-mail and I'll send you the pic (no idea how to copy and post it here unfortunately)

Cool! And Terry you're always welcome to come visit Leitrim anytime. Just bring a few bottles of Macallan's with you!

21lbs Evan?? Thats a tiddler! Bigger than i've ever caught! My mates are big into pike fishing, nearly every weekend is spent on a lake, it's real serious business, no sitting around drinking beer, expensive rods gear, they've sonar finders on the boats, silent electric engines so as not to scare the fish. I was there with them one weekend last winter when my mate caught a 32lb'er, she was a monster! He got his pic in the paper. The record was broken here a few weeks ago in an undisclosed lake in Westmeath, 41lbs!! Although the pike are tiddlers compared to the catfish they were pulling out of a river in northern Spain, 7 feet long, 150lbs+!!! PM inbound.

Will upload some more of Micks models soon.

I'll have to ask my mate Ray where he goes fisjhing in Ireland M. He does competition fishing, and normally visits Ireland at least twice a year, normally for about 6 weeks at a time. Never know, he might be in your area.

Cool Terry, I bet he knows Leitrim well, it's Irelands lake district. The river shannon runs through it too. You meet lots of anglers mostly from the UK and Germany in the pubs.

32 and 41 lbs? Those are big fish Keith!

My bro's one of the serious ones too, his life revolves around fishing. Shows in his catches too, huge contrast to his brother...

Those catfish you mentioned sound similar to the 'Harcsa', a type of giant catfish we get here in Hungary - they can reach lengths in excess of 3 m - and this is the thing - the African harcsa is supposed to be even bigger!!!!

Here is one model of Soviet tank (think it's T-26 but I don't know the manufacturer of the kit) that my grandfather build for me when I was 10 years old. He wasn't a modeler and this was first and only plastic model he had build. Actually he did build one more model, but it was a wooden boat. Anyway, I kept this tank model as a dear memory. Since my grandfather recently had passed away at the age 91, I will cherish this model even more now.

Attachments

• _07.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Very cool imalko! Hang onto it tight!

although not 'completed' I thought I'd post these shots I recently stumbled upon ,after all staring at models is half the fun right?

Attachments

• workbench32.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 88
  • workbench31.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 86
  • workbench05.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 89

Oh no...the Polish 7TP tank in Russian markings and with the winter camo. If I were you.....

So Gents the model is of Mirrage Hobby. I cannot see of what scale but it is offered in both 1/72 and 1/35.

BTW A nice stash Daniel.

Attachments

• 7TP.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 82
Of course you shouldn't rubber anything in your vicinity. So Belgium is a good place located far away.

Users who are viewing this thread