Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone.

That looks excellant, presumably 1:48th?
Do you know the background to the black finish, I don't think I've seen a Fleet Air Arm aircraft in black.

Yes, 1/48.

No... But I do know a few squadrons within the FAA used the black finish.

1835 Squadron, HMS Premier, 1945
Corsair_KD230D_1835_HMSPremier_1945_profile.jpg

1846 Squadron, HMS Colossus, 1945
Corsair_KD780_122D_hmscolossus_1945_profile.jpg

May be I could find a few more, but I don't have the time right now. But try the Fleet Air Arm Archive for more help... Fleet Air Arm (FAA) Archive Index of British Naval Aviation

Thanks Maestro, keep up the good work.

And thanks for posting your Avro Anson Bullo Roris. This is particularly interesting as many (if not most) Ansons were built at the Avro factory situated about 4 miles from my house. Out of interest, the factory building is still there today and used for industry.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Yes, 1/48.

No... But I do know a few squadrons within the FAA used the black finish.

1835 Squadron, HMS Premier, 1945
Corsair_KD230D_1835_HMSPremier_1945_profile.jpg

1846 Squadron, HMS Colossus, 1945
Corsair_KD780_122D_hmscolossus_1945_profile.jpg

May be I could find a few more, but I don't have the time right now. But try the Fleet Air Arm Archive for more help... Fleet Air Arm (FAA) Archive Index of British Naval Aviation

I don't think that is black, I think it's just very poorly represented Dark Sea Blue. I've never once seen a Black Corsair in FAA service, though I've been wrong before!

Having said that, looks really sharp in the black, would certainly have made/does make for a nice scheme!

Continuing the 1:48 range to collect, I noted the Tamiya staff car had a civilian option, so after some research found that it is the Ford '42 model Super DeLuxe Fordor.

There were far more of the similar '41 model produced and indeed 1941 was a bumper year for civilian car production, but there were a reasonable number of the '42 model produced for normal civilian use prior to all production being turned over to military use later in 1942, including this model for military staff cars. One of the colour options available for the Super Deluxe was 'Mayfair Maroon' with tan interior and the Super Deluxe had all the chrome or later st steel triming. Anyway, here's the result, straight out of the modelling workshop (aka my half of the bedroom)

Ford3.jpg

Ford1.jpg

Ford2.jpg

and here it is with the Piper Cub I finished last month, to create a little scene in the US in the 1940s -

FordandCub2-small.jpg

FordandCub1-small.jpg

(please excuse the background on the last photo, space is at a premium in our house)

Hope it's of interest,
Rob.

Last edited:
I don't think that is black, I think it's just very poorly represented Dark Sea Blue. I've never once seen a Black Corsair in FAA service, though I've been wrong before!

You could be right... However I couldn't find a picture of the actual aircraft of 1835/1846 squadrons. All I could find were those two profiles and pictures of a model kit of a 1846 squadron Corsair. Although the model kit in question was indeed dark sea blue.

Dammit !

You could be right... However I couldn't find a picture of the actual aircraft of 1835/1846 squadrons. All I could find were those two profiles and pictures of a model kit of a 1846 squadron Corsair. Although the model kit in question was indeed dark sea blue.

Dammit !

I wouldn't worry about it, like I said it looks really sharp in the black and you did a great job on it. Those profiles are very deceiving too.

Thanks Maestro, keep up the good work.

And thanks for posting your Avro Anson Bullo Roris. This is particularly interesting as many (if not most) Ansons were built at the Avro factory situated about 4 miles from my house. Out of interest, the factory building is still there today and used for industry.

Here other pictures of my Anson kit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back