Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

academy 1/72 p40

Attachments

• airplanes 099.jpg
    airplanes 099.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 132
  • airplanes 098.jpg
    airplanes 098.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 129
  • airplanes 097.jpg
    airplanes 097.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 110
  • airplanes 096.jpg
    airplanes 096.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 127
  • airplanes 095.jpg
    airplanes 095.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 128
The model looks really nice, good work Str8jax. :D

BTW. Now your pics are a bit too small.I suggest the 600x450 size.As far as an application for quick downsizing is concerned I would like to recommend Irfanview file.This program offers many options for working with pics to improve them.There is an example of the resizing and correction of brightness and contrast,for instance.

Attachments

• airplane_2.jpg
    airplane_2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 168
  • airplane_1.jpg
    airplane_1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 130
  • airplane_3.jpg
    airplane_3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 131
thanks bud for resizing them and thanks for the good comments. What do the rest of you do to smooth the lines where the body halves come together?

thanks bud for resizing them and thanks for the good comments. What do the rest of you do to smooth the lines where the body halves come together?

Do you mean the ones in the red and yellow marked areas? If yes, I suggest using putty for modellers ( Tamiya,Revell etc...) or a cyanoacrylate glue ( Superglue ,for instance).But for beginners I always recommend a putty.If chinks aren't wide you can use a thick enamel or you can mix a paint with talc to make it thicker.Then put it on the chinks and leave it to dry.Certainly this must be done before you paint your model because the places of putting in these areas have to be gently smooth with sandpaper no. 900-1200.

regards,

BTW. The Irfanview is a free application.

Attachments

• airplane_4.jpg
    airplane_4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 146
Alright got some tank and aircraft pictures here. Picked my best from my collection. I sold off a fair few built kits last year, made more room:D

100_0673.jpg

100_0674.jpg

Australian Mosquito MVI

100_0672.jpg

100_0671.jpg

Night Fighter Hurricane MkII. Love the Hispano cannons:D

100_0665.jpg

100_0666.jpg

Early 1945 Sherman tank with 105mm Howitzer. Took a long time to finish with all the stowage and figures.

100_0658.jpg

Bf 109 G im working on at the moment,

100_0656.jpg

And also an Avenger im working on too.

I have others waiting to be painted aswell but i tend to model in spurts. In my last year at school so a bit busy but i do what i can.

Cheers

Thanks Wildcat. The mossie is my only RAAF model Ive built but Im almost finished a Boomerang and have a Wirraway to start. Also about to buy the Dragon 1/32 P 51 as it comes with 82 squadron markings :D

That mossie was one of the first serious models i tried, no putty, hand brushed and those nasty sink holes behind the wings.:lol:

But still i got a Highly Commeded for it at a show. I was surprised:shock:

Cheers

All your models look nice,Heinz.I like them.The Hurricane is great.I also like the cannons.Do you remember what is a producer of the kit and its scale?In the pics the bird looks like 1:24 scale model.:)
There is pic of my Hurricane Mk.IIc assembled using the 1:72 Matchbox kit.

Attachments

• Img_0037.jpg
    Img_0037.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 187
Thanks wurger ill try the putty, its to late for the b 17 im doing but ill do it on the next one.

You are welcome mate.I don't know anything about the progress of your B-17 because I haven't seen her yet.But if you could post some pics of she, I would be able to give some suggestions or pieces of advice.Because it is always a way to make something.It depends on you only.

regards,

Thanks st8jax and wurger for your comments.

Wurger your Hurri looks terrific:)

Mine was an Academy kit, I think they originally tooled it too.

Its only 1/72 scale too. I would love to build a large scale hurri however Ill have to do with a Hobby Crafy 1/48 scale i have waiting to be built.

THX guys for your words.There another pic of my Hurricane.

Attachments

• Img_0036a.jpg
    Img_0036a.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 175

Users who are viewing this thread

Back