Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Les !!!
I think that is because the 1:72 scale models are cheaper than the 1:48 or other higher scale ones are.It is very important for modellers ( especially for younger who cannot afford the expensive models very often) Secondly,they are still offering in huge numbers of types and variants.Thirdly,you can get a good effect in a short period of the time.This is my opinion only.

BTW. I would like to say that you could put much more the 1:72 models on 1 square metre that 1:48,1:32, don't mention 1:24 ones.
But it wouldn't be a serious answer for your question,sorry for that.

I'll tell you exactly why Les. I started building models when I was still playing with small Matchbox and HotWheel cars. I wanted to build models that were on a comparable scale so I could idle my hours away zooming my airfield, dropping pretend bombs on tractors, 18-wheelers, and military vehicles.

No other reason. And now I can't break the habit.

Yes,you are right Les.I don't know about how it is in USA for instance but the 1:32 have become popular for two years or so so, in Poland.Besides an average Polish modeller doesn't have enough space for the kind of modeling ( people in Poland live in blocks of flats mostly ).Some of my friends who assemble models in the scale, have troubles for storage of the models. I remember when I haven't been an adult yet,I made 1:33 scale paper models.There were over 50 models hanging on the walls in my room.I can surre you that there wasn't any way to keep them.And these mother's waffle, dust etc....But everything changes.My wife replaced my mother but the waffle is still the same .It has taken some years to convince her of 1:72 small models.

Yes, and Les, you also have to undersdtand that many of the modellers are kids and/or people in Europe are not that wealthy and have much less living space (America is big), so that is why in Europe, the no.1 scale is 1/72.

Great models here. I did not want this to come to an end....Oh well, have to start over again I guess. This is a model of a Zero (obviously) I did a few years back. Looking at all these great models makes me want to start again.

Attachments

• IMG_00271.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 159
I think this one came from a Tamiya 1/48 kit that I did about 7 years ago. Its airbrushed with Comet Aluminum and white underneath. Probably not that accurate but its what I had. If I get back into this I am wondering about the best paints. Humbrol comes to mind. I sometimes mix my own though, to match a photo.

OOPs sorry, I have to resize that, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of that picture so I hope a moderator does!!!

Thanks Wurger. In case anyone wants to try it. I have a self-discovered way of doing the canopy frameworks.
I say self-discovered because I just tried it one day. I am sure I wasn't the first.

What I do is use good quality Scotch tape and stick a few pieces down on a pane of glass or a ceramic tile. Anything super smooth. Then I give it 2 or 3 coats of the canopy frame color(which is usually the same as the plane's color). Then after its dry I cut it to the width of the frame parts. Then I very carefully peel it up trying not to stretch it, and apply it to the clear canopy. Sometimes you can get really thin tape and even the canopy frame rivets will show through. Its easy and fun, and if you screw up you just do it again because it doesn't smear the clear parts.

The reason is, after I thought about all the WWII planes I have coveted over the years, the F4F stands out for more than a one reason. First, it was a great little fighter in the right pilot's hands. A good deal of training was involved for it to become even moderately successful against the Japanese Zero.

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of a WWII ace named Marion Carl, but he was a hell of a good fighter pilot. He was killed here in Oregon at the age of 82 defending his wife and home from a drug sucking scumbag that will rot in prison. Please check the NAHF link. This was a MAN!

NAHF

My computer went down so i wont be able to post any b17 pics until I get another. I am at the stage of putting decals on right now. I do 1/72 to save space. ALthough ill do 1/48 or bigger sometimes. Ive got a f15 in 1/48 setting on my shelf right now.

Users who are viewing this thread