Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, here are my first efforts, all 1:72

this P-47 was my first effort, a Revell kit. Nothing special about it, or the photo for that matter. Was more an experiment than anything else

Thunderbolt.gif

Then there is this Hasegawa F4U. Easy enough to assemble, but the painting posed a problem. I tried both Tamiya Sea blue and Humbrol Glossy Sea Blue, but neither looked remotely right. So in the end I cheated a bit, raided my car spares box and sprayed it Volkswagen Maritime Blue. A couple of the decals didn't settle properly, hence the white outline. Perhaps it needs some sort of decal cote?

Corsair1.gif

Moving onto the main one, the Tamiya F-51D Koren War. This one I sprayed with metallic effect paint, which gave it a good natural metal sheen. I did quite a bit of weathering on this one (not that clear in the photos) and used a very thing pencil in the panel lines to darken them, and chipped a lot of the black and yellow paint off. I decided against fitting the rockets, as my next projects will have them as well. I also cut the outer airelons out and put them slightly down, and re-angled the ruder

Mustang1.gif

Mustang2.gif

Mustang3.gif

Finally wrong forum I know but my main love is of the 4 wheeled kind and this is my 1:24/5 car collection

Cars.gif

from the elft: Camaro Yenko, 69 Charger R?T, Corvette Le Mans, Raybrig NSX, Castrol Supra, Lancia Stratos Safari, 200 SX S13, RX-7 and unfinished Falken Skyline and Fiat 131 Rallye

Yes nice stuff Negative Creep. :D As far as the F4U decals and not only for this are concerned.There are special liquids for making decals soft and better glued to surfaces.The Gunze Mr. MARK SOFTER (green) and Mr. MARK SETTER (blue) for instance.Besides,it is better if you cut off the decals in the way that the transparent "film" should outline markings as little as it is possible.And the one of the main modelling rules.The decal must be put on the very smooth surface to avoid the silvering.Therefore the glossy varnish is needed before you put the decals on a model.

Yes,it is.

PJNC,did you have any problems with assembling of the Revell kit?

I'm sure that most of my problems were due to the fact I am a novice. I did have some trouble joining the fuselage, but some patience and clever use of rubber bands helped tremendously.

I'm thinking of doing a Spitfire next, or possibly a Corsair F4U.

EDIT: Anyone know a good place to get a 1/72 or maybe a 1/48 Messerschmitt Me 262?

To be honest, I get most of my stuff on EBay. Local stores around here don't have much in the way of plane models. I get a few catalogs to compare prices and then off I go. gotten some good stuff but you have to research and ask questions.

Contrary to Njaco I have no problem with buying models.There is a shop for modellers which is running by my friend in my town.Besides,there are many other places where it is possible to purchase models ( for instance:supermarkets offer Revell,Academy,Heller and even Hasegawa or Tamiya ones from time to time)

Trump's Hobbies

This is a great store. They are just now starting an online store. I love this store. Whenever I go to Corvallis, I go in and look around. Every conceivable model plane hags from the ceiling, RC and some HUGE plastic. The shelves are literally STUFFED floor to ceiling with models, everything from paper models to multi-cylinder 4 stroke gas RC engines. Trains, tanks, ships, sailboats,tugs, fishing boats military, commercial, and private plane models. A great place to see your little boy's eyes light up. Friendly help too because most are modelers and fliers. I sure hope they get their website up to par soon.

Home

for anyone in the UK (although they do ship abroad) www.modelsforsale.com is brilliant. Really cheap, they stock loads of stuff, and every order I've made turns up within 48 hours

Here's my latest one, A Hobbyboss Yak 3. When this kit turned up I didn't reaslise just how true the 'easy assembly' blurb was; the fuselage and wings were both a single unit! Still, it turned out quite well, if a bit basic. I presume the scaling is correct, but it looks absolutely tiny next to my Corsair

P4290322.gif

P4290318.gif

Looking good Negative Creep.Is this the commander of Normandie-Niemen squadron Colonel Louis Delfino's aircraft? If yes, according to my infos the spinner should be painted with three colours like in the profile below.There is also a lack of the lotaringian cross on its fin.

source unknown.

Attachments

• yak3_.jpg
    yak3_.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 134
Wurger, the crosses were painted on fin in place of red stars just before flight to Paris on june 45' when Neu-Neu based at Elbląg :D Your pictures shows ceremony at Le Bourget.
Hoever stars on fin and wings seems to should be replaced (the biggest one were painted on wings)

The decals were pretty basic, the only info they gave was 'East Russia 1944' no mentions of squadrons or units at all. It did list the tricolor spinner, but to be honest I couldn't work out a way to mask it without it becoming wonky, which would just bug me every time I looked at it, so it became 2 colours instead

Aha.THX very much.:)

As far as painting of a spinner is cocncerned.There are some ways how to coloure them.For 1:72 scale spinners you can use a phonecard for instance.It is quite thin card so there shouldn't be any problems to make some holes.You paint your models with an airbrush,aren't you? Well, paint the model spinner with white colour (in the case).When the paint is dry, take the A,B,C dimensions from a profile ( certainly the profile should be in the scale of your model) in places as the shot shows.Mark them delicately with a pencil on the model spinner in some places.Then measure diameters D and E in the places on the model spinner.Next make holes in middle (centre) of phonecards or in thin sheets of plastic.The diameters of the holes should be exactly like these you measured or a bit smaller.Next put the pattern on the spinner,which of holes will be the first it depends on you.:).Pay your attention to the signs you marked on the spinner and to the edge of the hole in the card,they should be at the same level.Now holding the spinner with the mask in your hand you can paint with an airbrush.Certainly you can fix the spinner to something that will make the painting easier.I hope you understood the idea.

Attachments

• kolpak1.jpg
    kolpak1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Back