Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have a tin of unused Humbrol matt varnish. What would you use to thing it, by how much, and what to use to clean the airbrush after?

Exactly.I think that NC has a can of an old Humbrol varnish for enamels.
NC don't use this because it becomes yellowish when some years pass.Unless you paint early version of Japonese aircrafts.:) :lol:
There are available the varnishes of Humbrol in small bottles that don't get the yellowish tonality.

I've got some Vallejo matt varnish now, specifically designed for airbrushes. I'll experiment on a few of my more rubbish models first, but would this then hold any weathering detail in place? Also, what would you use for a natural metal finish? I tired lacquer on a chrome effect painted model before, and it just dulled it instantly

Well and now you may see "all" my collection of plastic model and why I stop to buit them!!!!!!!
Help me!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN1617.JPG
    DSCN1617.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN1619.JPG
    DSCN1619.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 132
Well, you are definitely a "junior" member but those models look well made. What kind if action did you subject them to? I used to make the rubber band tissue covered ones and throw them out my window to see how far they would go. I put a lit firecracker in one once. Don't try that.

Hey CR42!

I remember playing with my made up kits :) Was lots of fun but then I'd break an aerial off and get annoyed :lol:

Still I sold off my collection a while ago to make room. Not sure of their fate they were sold in a group lot at a local market :D

Nice model PearlJamNoCode .I like the camo of the P-51.The nose of the one was covered with decals wasn't it? There is mine, an old Matchbox 1:72 scale kit.

Attachments

• P51D_Mustang_2.jpg
    P51D_Mustang_2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 168
Surre PearlJamNoCode.Come on. :)

Mosquitoman, Warlus and Ju-88 look nice. The Ju looks to me like The Revell kit. :)

Yes it was A-4 version of Ju-88.To be honest I don't know what a model I should start next time.I've bought the Bilek 1:72 scale kit of B-25 B/C.Maybe this one.I would like to make it with Polish squadron markings.Although I'm not interested in bombers really but B-25 has been my favourite for ages. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back