Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're welcome AVRoe! here's one of my 1/700 scale Waterline series Japanese Aircraft carriers... hope you like it.

Attachments

• IJN_Chitose_5331aa.JPG
    IJN_Chitose_5331aa.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 110
Nice to see some of your ship modls guys - you don't seem to get anywhere near the coverage we aircraft and tank nuts get.
Is there really that much less interest in it, or do you guys just keep quieter?

Sehr schöne diorama, Trecker! Es gefallt mir sehr deine figuren- sehr gut für 1:72 massstab!

AVRoe, did you spray that Dornier Do.24 ? Beautifully smooth paintwork!

Gloster Meteor F.1, 616 Squadron 1944, Tamiya 1/48th version

Meteor01.jpg

Meteor02.jpg

Meteor03.jpg

Meteor04.jpg

Really pleased with how this turned out. As per usual for Tamiya it goes together very easily and there are no fit issues. Only slight thing is that despite it coming with a fairly hefty weight, it is just enough to avoid being a tail-sitter, so careful positioning was needed for the photos!

Really pleased with how this turned out. As per usual for Tamiya it goes together very easily and there are no fit issues. Only slight thing is that despite it coming with a fairly hefty weight, it is just enough to avoid being a tail-sitter, so careful positioning was needed for the photos![/QUOTE]

A little lead tape or clay putty in the nose will hold her down.

Very nice, NC! Did the engines come with the kit, or aftermarket?

As for the weight in the nose thing, I'm a solderer in an electronics company, so in my spare time I just solder lead weights to fit. Alternatively you can superglue washers or nuts together till you get the right weight. They usually sit quite nicely below or behind the cockpit.

That's a nice idea with the clear engine covers, but I doubt many people would use them like that. Trumpeter, I think it was, did that with their A-10 Thunderbolt aswell, back in 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

Back