Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Howdy, Wayne have you ever tried preshading your panel lines and rivets ? there s an example of the hurricane i done and one of the SU-27

Attachments

• pre-shading 002 (Large).jpg
    pre-shading 002 (Large).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 91
  • pre-shading 001 (Large).jpg
    pre-shading 001 (Large).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 92
  • SU-27 PRESHADING 002 (Large).jpg
    SU-27 PRESHADING 002 (Large).jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 92
The mess on the modeller's table is something common.There is no need to apologize.If you could see my workshop......:lol:

Your preshading looks nice.:D Of what diameter is your airbrush?

i use a aztek airbrush, it has different tips you swap over to use to get different finishes, i cant remember what colour tip does what , i wrote it down but cant find the bit of paper.

Attachments

• airbrush 004 (Large).jpg
    airbrush 004 (Large).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 101
  • airbrush 003 (Large).jpg
    airbrush 003 (Large).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 87
  • airbrush 002 (Large).jpg
    airbrush 002 (Large).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 92
Howdy, Wayne have you ever tried preshading your panel lines and rivets ? there s an example of the hurricane i done and one of the SU-27

Nah, if there is going to be a shading process I usually do it during the main painting stage, darken the panel lines and light coat on panels and if necessary I lighten the main colour and add to the panels.Most of my shading is post shading.....it really depends on the subject matter.

I use an Aztek airbrush too, mainly use the Grey nozzle as standard and the Tan for finer work.

Oh, and you must have mess, thats part of the process!!:D

These nozzles look interesting.Are these included to all Aztec sets or these have to be bought additionally?

And I agree with Wayne the mess is a part of the process.:D

And some final finish shots of the Frances.
This was a rather 'clean' aircraft, as were many Frances...

From the Port side...first!

Attachments

• P1Y1_Frances_0681.JPG
    P1Y1_Frances_0681.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 77
  • P1Y1_Frances_0675.JPG
    P1Y1_Frances_0675.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 77
  • P1Y1_Frances_0669.JPG
    P1Y1_Frances_0669.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 72
  • P1Y1_Frances_0680.JPG
    P1Y1_Frances_0680.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 77
Perhaps if you thinned your paint for the top coat. Definately easier spraying/airbrushing though with more coverage with little paint.

I brush paint my models and prefer to post shade with pastels or thinned paints (acryllic perferrably)

Bit of practice first is a great idea Roachie!

Sadly no matter how good you are you cannot preshade and then brush paint.
It really is an airbrush process.

Post shading is the way to go in this instance with pastels and thinned paints as Heinz says or even dry brushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back