Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, it won't take that long, start simple and post some shots...we are here to help and guide you....:D

You have to start somewhere and then simply learn as you go!!

and the Frances from the Starboard side....

including an actual photo of the inscription....

photo Credit famous Aircraft of the World Special Edition No.1 Ginga.

As I said a fairly clean aircraft with only subtle application of Light brown dust on the upper surfaces...

The only thing I need to add now is the antenna wiring which was not allowed in the OOB rules.

Attachments

• P1Y1_Frances_0674.JPG
    P1Y1_Frances_0674.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 90
  • P1Y1_Frances Rear Fuselage_0672.JPG
    P1Y1_Frances Rear Fuselage_0672.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 89
  • P1Y1_Frances Rear Fuselage_0687.JPG
    P1Y1_Frances Rear Fuselage_0687.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Frances Fuselage info_a.JPG
    Frances Fuselage info_a.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 91
Hello everyone, I am new here just dropped in from the Aerodrome forum, I am really glad that I have found a WW2 equivilant :D

looking through this thread there are some fantastic aircraft being made by the variouse members that make mine look rather mediocure.

here is one of my aircraft a Hawker Hurricane IIB in the colours of LK-A this is the only sprayed aircraft I am a brush painter as far as modelling goes, but will be investing in a airbrush for the Avro Vulcan kit I have but thats another story :lol:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/lner/DSCF1345.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa210/lner/DSCF1347.jpg

Welcome to the forum Lanc630.Glad to read you here in the modelling section.:D

I agree with Wayne there aren't many black painted Hurricanes.Is the bird your first one?

Of my current models that is my 4th Hurricane, I took a shine to that paint scheme due to the Original Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, I have always prefferd the Hurricane over the Spitfire the one included in the game was in BoB camo as LK-A so when at a Duxford airshow I saw LK-A in black I was enraptured and a firm fan, as I am sure many of you know that paticular Hurricne crashed last year at the Shoreham Airshow in a diffrent paint scheme with the really unfortunate loss of a great pilot, so I thought I should build a model of the aircraft in happier times and as my own lilte mark of respect to the pilot and his family.

The other 3 built Hurricanes are the two Battle of Britain Mermorial Flight's pair (I have built the entire flight including the 2 Chipmunks) and a MkIID 'Tin Opener'

Very nice Lanc630.Could you tell us of what scale you make your models? And some more details on the ( these ) model(s) will be appreciated ( model manufacturer for instance) :D

I certainly can, that Hurricane is the 1/72 scale Revell Hawker Hurricane IIB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back