Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is a ZVEZDA 1/72 Stormovik that I built in between big sessions on a large scale plane. I do this to keep myself sane on a big project and also while waiting for paint to dry. I was very impressed with Zvezda and will definitely build another one.

1/72 Stormovik

Cheers Switch

Yikes ! You like living dangerously. Last time I tryied something like that, the decals desintegrated.

Maestro, do you remember of what decal maker the decal was?Possible the decal sheet was quite old.In this case I always put on a sheet a thin layer of matt cote.It protects the decal markings agianst the desintegration.

BTW Switcha the IL-2 looks very nice.Did you meet any problems with the model assembling? I'm wondering because my is still waiting for putting together in its box.

BTW Switcha the IL-2 looks very nice.Did you meet any problems with the model assembling? I'm wondering because my is still waiting for putting together in its box.

The only fault in the whole model is I put the wrong fairings on the front of the undercarriage. The fit finish was brilliant and the way the rear gun mounts is something that other model company's could take lessons from.

I was highly impressed with with the whole model and would easily recommend it to anyone.

Thank you for info.

Hi TL Blade,
First of all welcome to our forum.Glad to see your models.I hope to see much more pics.
But I have to agree with Matt308 a couple of the lead fishing sinkers should be useful.What is more, don't get me wrong mate, you made some mistakes.
The first one is that the Bf109 G and Fw190D seem to be like not finished yet ( lack of national and other markings on them).And secondly,The Dora has had the main landing gear covering glued backwards.
Therefore I would like to ask you for longer staying here with us.You will find here some nice and high-experienced guys you can always ask for a piece of advice.

best regards,

Hi TL Blade welcome to the forum

I have a couple more pictures of my feeble efforts at modeling compared to the other delights to be found here, all my models are 1/72 unless otherwise stated

The first 2 are of my Battle of Britain Mermorial Flight I built the entire flight (including the half spitfire) I completed the flight last year, the origanal Lancaster 'Mickey the Moocher' became too much of a personal favorite so I retired her and replaced her with this current one which I trying to get 'Phantom of the Ruhr' transfers for. The 2 PRXIX Spitfires are Academy MkXIV's and all the others are Airfix, the flight is a long-term project that I do between new builds, this is why some of the aircraft appear to be unfinished.

The next three are all 5 of my Hurricanes (Airfix and Revell) and a couple of close ups of my newest 'Nancy' I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the fate of 'Nancy' was or at least a bit of history for her?

Nice collection of models you've got there Lanc
Last night I finished my Italeri 1:48 P-40N. It's another hand painted job finished in the markings of W/Cmdr Geoff Atherton's (4+1 shared destroyed) "Cleopatra III" of 80sqn RAAF, a damn nice looking scheme IMO. Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome especially with my skill level.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2096.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2097.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2098.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 132
Some really impressive work in here! Just found this forum today by accident. Not sure if this fits here, but here's one.

Probably a 20+ year old Monogram B24D in 1/48 that I dusted off..ok, washed off..for a project I'm working on with another type of model. In better lighting, it looks...not good. Parts wise it mostly survived a couple of moves somehow, but the paint job sucked. Anyway, I shot a bunch of it and an equally old B17 outside the other day and have been messing with the shots in Photoshop. The story of the Lady Be Good always fascinated me, so this is what I came up with!

Attachments

• Flight_LBG-800.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 122

Users who are viewing this thread