Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My computer went down so i wont be able to post any b17 pics until I get another. I am at the stage of putting decals on right now. I do 1/72 to save space. ALthough ill do 1/48 or bigger sometimes. Ive got a f15 in 1/48 setting on my shelf right now.

I see now.So it is too late for B-17 to make some correction with a putty.Had you put a gloss varnish on she before you put decals? It causes the decals are better glued to models.

I see now.So it is too late for B-17 to make some correction with a putty.Had you put a gloss varnish on she before you put decals? It causes the decals are better glued to models.

I havent glossed it yet, Ive used the pencil to mark the panels and i went and bought the clearcoat(varnish) but i havent sprayed it yet.

Pisis

Keep working at it. Be slow and patient and the end result can sometimes even astound the builder.

PS Thank you

Hi guys,

..thought I'd join in here ....here's a couple of 72nd Revell 190s I finished a while back....hate the canopy on that kit, so it was cut away and replaced so I could show it open..

baer.JPG

and an Academy Dora (72nd) - brush painted and 'washed' with Tamiya Smoke...the exhaust effect didn't come out too well though...!

AcademyDora.jpg

and my latest effort .. not quite finished ...again a Revell 72nd kit..

PzIV8.JPG

Very nice models FalkeEins.I like the fw's the most.Did you have any problems with the assembling of the Academy Dora?

hi im new at this site but im a model nut i us to do plastic but now i build scale R/c aircraft it's pretty much the same aspect but you get to fly it wen your done.anyway back to your models i built mainly 1/72 .do you air brush or do you hand brush over all the look great as a stand off display/hanging up

Hi fellas, I'm new here. My name is Dan and I'm 20. I just recently got back into modeling. Here's my first one after about a decade away from this hobby.

Attachments

• 100_2833.jpg
    100_2833.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_2844-1.jpg
    100_2844-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 124
Hallo Dan !!!
I'm a bit older.:lol: Your B-17 looks really nice.Could you give more details on it and post other pics?

Well, here are my first efforts, all 1:72

this P-47 was my first effort, a Revell kit. Nothing special about it, or the photo for that matter. Was more an experiment than anything else

Thunderbolt.gif

Then there is this Hasegawa F4U. Easy enough to assemble, but the painting posed a problem. I tried both Tamiya Sea blue and Humbrol Glossy Sea Blue, but neither looked remotely right. So in the end I cheated a bit, raided my car spares box and sprayed it Volkswagen Maritime Blue. A couple of the decals didn't settle properly, hence the white outline. Perhaps it needs some sort of decal cote?

Corsair1.gif

Moving onto the main one, the Tamiya F-51D Koren War. This one I sprayed with metallic effect paint, which gave it a good natural metal sheen. I did quite a bit of weathering on this one (not that clear in the photos) and used a very thing pencil in the panel lines to darken them, and chipped a lot of the black and yellow paint off. I decided against fitting the rockets, as my next projects will have them, and it upsets the shape as well. I also cut the outer flaps out and put them slightly down, and re-angled the ruder

Mustang1.gif

Mustang2.gif

Mustang3.gif

Finally wrong forum I know but my main love is of the 4 wheeled kind and this is my 1:24/5 car collection

Cars.gif

from the elft: Camaro Yenko, 69 Charger R/T, Corvette Le Mans, Raybrig NSX, Castrol Supra, Lancia Stratos Safari, 200 SX S13, RX-7 and unfinished Falken Skyline and Fiat 131 Rallye

Like I said, nothing special, but not too bad considering they were my first efforts in about 10 years. More to follow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back