Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I finally found a pic of a model I did 25 years ago to use as a 'model' for the book cover painting by Harley Copic. It currently is in 'service group' storage to repair broken landing gear and spitfire mirrors - battle damage from moving to Oregon.

The stencil for "Lt. Col. Bert Marshall' on the canopy rail was cobbled together from the Monogram B-17 Decal Sheet (the small lettering under each major decal group.

Hasegawa 1/32

Attachments

• Jane IV_book model.jpg
    Jane IV_book model.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 73
Hi everyone,

just found this forum and this is my first post, here are a few pics of some of my collection. Started building these after a motorcycle accident earlier in the year and have now become addicted(my missus would say "obssesed"). It all started with the old Lancaster G for George(1964 Revell kit), that my partners mum gave me, it had been started to a extent, some small parts painted etc so that was how it stayed, the clear parts were all missing so they are airfix modern parts and frankly an appalling fit but there you go. The Douglas Devestator also had it's problems, the fusalage was twisted so the tail is out of true and the transfers were frankly a sad joke, many just disintergrating in the water, same problems with the MK1 Anson (are all the modern Airfix transfers so useless?).
Anyhow hope to have some interesting discussions here and contribute where I am able.r
All the best,
Chris

Attachments

• Dscf2583.jpg
    Dscf2583.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Dscf2574.jpg
    Dscf2574.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Dscf2575.jpg
    Dscf2575.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Dscf2577.jpg
    Dscf2577.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Dscf2578.jpg
    Dscf2578.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 58
OK sorry for the huge pics, had no idea they would come out that way. Can't figure out how to edit my post so maybe a mod could kindly sort it? Hopefully these will be better. The first is a Eastern Express Gannet, awful kit to be honest but I am quite pleased with the final results. the next has a Lagg 3 in forground, Mig 3 in Winter colours(both Red Star kits from the mid 80's) and a desert 109(hobby boss). Lastly is the Devestator again with F4 Wilcat(academy kit).
All the best!
Chris

Attachments

• wildcat.JPG
    wildcat.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 49
  • mig%20etc.JPG
    mig%20etc.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 75
  • gannet.JPG
    gannet.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 59
Welcome to the forum mate.Your models look very nice but you have to resize pictures before you post them.One of very nice application for the purpose is the free software Irfanview.Find it in the Net and download it , please.Then install on your PC.Irfanview is a picture browser but not only.You will find there soem very useful options as well.For your post editing click the EDIT button on right below your post, then hit the Go Advance button and then Manage Attachments.There you will be able to remove these big pics and replace them with those resized ones by uploading.

Thanks Wurger,

don't have PC though, have a Mac. Will use iPhoto to bring them down smaller in future.
Best,
Chris

A Mac.. interesting.I haven't heard about them for ages.So OK.You will have to use your program.The best size of a pic is 800-830 pixels as a width of a pic.In this way the picture will be visible on our screens fully.

Hi Wildcat, the Anson looks great much nicer than mine! Had a lot of trouble with fit, especially on the glass. Here is a better pic of mine, also my Revell Tempest Hobby Boss Kittyhawk. Hopefully these pics are of a better size, me and computers have at best an uneasy truce.

Attachments

• anson.JPG
    anson.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 107
  • kittyhawk.JPG
    kittyhawk.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 119
  • tepest.JPG
    tepest.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back