Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Steve. Been meaning to ask you - have you an address where I can get clear acrylic rod. in reasonable quantities, rather than 'bulk'?

I bought mine a while ago from a relatively local "bricks 'n' mortar" shop (Bob's Models in Solihull). There must be model shops who sell it online rather than going to the manufacturers who,as you say,want to sell in bulk. I'll ask around.
Cheers
Steve

This is a Vought Regulus missile. One of the US Navy's first cruise missiles. It was powered by a J-33 turbojet engine and needed two RATO units for launching. It was replaced by the Regulus 2 which dispensed with the RATO units and complicated launcher rails. It would have been used aboard submarines and aircraft carriers. The kit is resin from Sharkit in France to 1/72 scale and the trailer is modified from spare parts.. I highly recommend the Sharkit models.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC07390.jpg
    DSC07390.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC07392.jpg
    DSC07392.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC07393.jpg
    DSC07393.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC07394.jpg
    DSC07394.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC07397.jpg
    DSC07397.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC07398.jpg
    DSC07398.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC07399.jpg
    DSC07399.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 150
To Terry:

You've got my curiosity up.... do you know a lot of people who served formerly in the RAF? If so, you are a very lucky chap!

Pete L.

That looks fantastic and I'm loving the cart/trolley that it sits on too!

I myself have just finished what is effectively a human guided missile! It's one of the prototype Bachem Ba 349 Natter. It's from the 1/32 Fly models kit.

PRQ_web-1.gif

S_web-4.gif

PFQ_web-1.gif

Cheers

Steve

Pete,
Yes, I had the good fortune and privilege to know a number of WW2 RAF aircrew, and to have met a number more, some of them well-known. Due to an association with aviation photography at one time, and involvement in the UK air show scene (in a minor way, I must add), I also had the opportunity to meet (at the time) currently serving RAF and other nations' air crew, some of whom I met up with on more than one occasion. Plus my brother-in law recently retired from the RAF at very senior rank.

Otftch, is the stars and bars on the wing correct being perpendicular to the fuselage? Knowing you, you have a reference that indicates it is.

It seems both the Regulus and Regulus II carrierd the stars bars that way.
Ed

Stona, I love the natter.

Attachments

• Regulus.jpg
    Regulus.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Regulus 2.jpg
    Regulus 2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back