Post your wallpaper! Again!!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nothing that I know of. Just an artist's imagination. Its from a steampunk gallery (I was Google-surfing the other day at work, have no idea how I got to the site, nor did I bookmark it), sorta reminds me of the old video game "Crimson Skies" that Microsoft put out many moons ago. I'd say similar to the Sky Captain timeline.

Its hard to see from this shot, but the name on the plane is "Red Baron".

Last edited:
Nothing that I know of. Just an artist's imagination. Its from a steampunk gallery (I was Google-surfing the other day at work, have no idea how I got to the site, nor did I bookmark it), sorta reminds me of the old video game "Crimson Skies" that Microsoft put out many moons ago. I'd say similar to the Sky Captain timeline.

They had that game for the original xbox 5 years ago! It was a remake. But was a cool concept, planes wise.

Yep. Alternate-timelines have always interested me (hence my interest in steampunk). I couldn't afford the Crimson Skies game when it came out, and by the time I could, it was no longer on shelves or available anywhere. Dangit.

...I'm feelin kinda steampunk-ish at the moment....

(ETA: Second screenshot is my new desktop...changed right after I posted the first one)
Cool pic!

I recently changed my desktop on this computer from the Skyship Armada to the Antique Chinese Skyship...so the Chinese one would "pre-date" the Steampunk a little bit! :lol:

Attachments

• Desktop_Skyships.jpg
    Desktop_Skyships.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Desktop_Chinese-Skyship.jpg
    Desktop_Chinese-Skyship.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 138
here's mine! and notice the tail number. that's the livery I'm doing my 737 in, and that's the very tail number in the livery.
N549AS.png

For your 19" (depending on what you have the res set to) I'd say go with the 1200 wide pic, and set it to "stretch", and that'll make sure the image stays at your screen's borders.

Here's another Steampunk style pic...I don't remember where I stashed all the other images I have...looks like I'll be doing a little searching :lol:

Attachments

• 89a22321566b0f1477.jpg
    89a22321566b0f1477.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 117
There aren't any with Liberators, the first one I posted (couple posts back) has Mitchells, and there's ones with Bf109, Spitfire, Zero and so on.

This one is pretty cool, too.

Attachments

• 538vgb731.jpg
    538vgb731.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back