Practising Paintshop/GIMP...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• SiggyFilm.jpg
    SiggyFilm.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 56,560
Working on a new siggy with this nice GIMP proggy. Much more fun than paintshop. It's a picture I took last year with our new camera of a flying Hurricane, mixed with the famous St. Pauls picture. Not sure how to do the text in this one yet.

Attachments

• siggy.jpg
    siggy.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 217
Okay, two attempts:
Edit: Changed paper

Attachments

• siggy2.jpg
    siggy2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 197
  • siggy3.jpg
    siggy3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,451
  • siggy5.jpg
    siggy5.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 450
  • siggy6.jpg
    siggy6.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 83,218
Last edited:
Not bad....looking nice. But your nick could have been done with golden or silever font like in these very old pictures or postcards. The pic with the Hurricane in looks like the old postcard of sepia tonality.

cool! i would like dad's 51...with maybe the pic of him in the cockpit and the 364th sq logo...and of course Bobbysocks. i have all the pics and could send them to you in a few days when i get back in town if you wish. thank you very much, marcel.

Hi Bobby,

Best thing to do is start a thread, here in the Signature section, with your idea's and pictures. There are a few of us who like to make such siggies, so we can all take a shot at it and you can just pick what you like.
I'll be away for the weekend, so no hurry.

Marcel

Yeah that looks nice. I agree with Wojtek though as well on the font. Perhaps a more Gothic looking font would fit more in with the theme of the sig.

Don't know, tried several fonts, but I really like the typewriter font which I weathered in my siggy. It looks like it came from a WWII era letter or report ore something. I'll stick to this one for the time being.

Thanks guys, I agree, the white is a little too white. Hopefully better now? Still trying to get the effect wrinkle of the paper in GIMP. Post later, maybe..

Hey Marcel,

Perhaps if you used an image of wrinkled paper beneath your white (yellowed) margin, and played with layer's opacity (and the color scale) until you get the desired effect?

I have a few paper tiles that are usually used for tiled backgrounds, I'll post 'em here for you. Hopefully these'll be of some help to you!

Attachments

• ppr_01.jpg
    ppr_01.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 186
  • ppr_04.jpg
    ppr_04.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 177
A bit of tweaking to get it right, but I now have a subtle wrinkle in the paper. To see the differences, see post 164 I really love this Gimp, it really is much better than Paintshop. I'll probably start a new Thread called "'practising GIMP' :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread