Practising Paintshop/GIMP...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ahhh, Marcel, I see you came to the GIMP side! May the GIMP be with you!!!

It really is a great program. I'm still finding new stuff to play with it.

Yup, Paintshop doesn't work on Linux. I find it is better than Paintshop. Only the user-interface is a bit confusing. I heard it'll be better with the next release (I'm now using 2.6)

So it's time I use the gimp again:
Simple, and wrong fonts :)

Attachments

• sig.png
    sig.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 80,491
  • sig.png
    sig.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Long time since I've done any Gimp-ing, so to see if I still could do it and because I needed a new wallpaper on my new OS (Bodhi-linux, simply love it) I fired up Gimp again. Bodhi comes with version 2.8 of Gimp, which is absolutely a big step forward in usabillity compared to the previous 2.6-series of Gimp.The photo is one I made myself of the DC-2 Uiver at the Oostwold airshow last year. I decided to let it fly over the map of the London-Melbourne race (in which the real Uiver became 2nd) with old photo's of both cities lying on top of it.
Test1-6.jpg

The reason why I left so much open space at the top part is because it's a wallpaper and it leaves room to use that part for other things. This is what my desktop looks like:
Selection_001.jpg

Last edited:
Thats great Marcel!!!

I've got the newer version of GIMP too and I had to get used to 'exporting' pics instead of just 'saving' them.
Me too, but I like the 1-window interface as I kept on loosing the toolbox all the time. Things are worse on Linux as it has virtual desktops, meaning the toolbox can be on any desktop :)

I think I should get some more life in this thread again as I still have a lot of fun doing this kind of thing. I also should give more explanation how I do it for others to learn. Unfortunately I don't have that much time, so don't know if I can pull it off.

Trying something simple. It's a combination of the following pictures:

Fokker T.V on patrol:
de 858 op patrouille boven de nederlandse kust.jpg

Rotterdam center after the bombing in may 1940:
rotterdam.jpg

- Add color to the T.V
- Make Rotterdam as overlay, but mask out the T.V (no overlay on that one
- Nice font in Dutch-orange, below the rotterdam outline
- Bumpmap the text
- Little bevel on the edges.

Gives:
TV.jpg

Last edited:
Have been to the Oostwold airshow again and decided to use one of the pics I took there. This time the only Dutch P51, Damn Yankee. This is a test upload to see if it works.
damnyankee.png

Seems to be too big, shrinking...
damnyankee.png

Annoying yellow bar, click to see full size, so shrinking more.
damnyankee.png

Slightly brighten Damn Yankee...
damnyankee.png

Hmm, some ugly greenish colour. I'll keep it to the darker one for now I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread