Proof that it's the VOLTAGE AND the CURRENT that kills, not just the Current (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for posting. I started watching The Pain of Electricity and went on to another, then another, then another until my boss told me to get back to work.
Maybe you should post that stuff after hours from now on.
Jeff:lol:

:oops: Sorry! :twisted: I had the same reaction… But tell your boss laughter is good for the soul and a happy worker is a productive worker.

That's what I told my boss and she suggested my alternative was to collect unemployment. :(

Actually I am semi-retired and my 'boss' is happy when I just show up (at least at first).

Last edited:
They are very funny videos and to a degree correct scientifically but his is strictly "pratt-fall" comedy and vastly over done. We had van de Graff generators that could build up 1,000,000 volts or more with perhaps a miliamp of current for a milisecond. At best a sting. Static sparks in winter can easily exceed 20,000 volts. Tesla coils on the other hand produce similiar sparks at similiar voltages but at much higher amps and for as long as contact is maintained. A very dangerous condition and potentially deadly.
In general voltages above 50 volts are potentially deadly and if wet under 40 volts especially if the current flows actoss the chest. It only takes a few millijoules of energy to disrupt the heart.
Power (in watts) = Joules/Second = (Joules/Coulomb) x (Coulomb/Second) = volts x amps = number of Watts (Coulomb = 1.6 X 10^19 electrons) (1 ampere = 1 Coulomb / sec)

of all the things i come in contact with doing work around the house...i give electricity a huge amount of respect. it doesnt matter if something isnt quite plumb or has a slight gap when fitted ( except for water or sewage lines of course ) but you screw up with electric.....could be the last time you ever screw up anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back