That was hilarious Sys.
At least I don't feel so bad when I think it was a waste of time and money.
Matt, I was just as incredulous when I found out about all of the auditors being Europeans.
I only tried to go through the certification process because all the purchasing agents were requiring it to bid on their contracts.
Mil-1-45208 compliant for twenty years, less than 1% rejection rate, and now if I don't get ISO I no longer have the ability or know how to make a part.
On top of this I was being told my production costs were going to be lower because ISO was so much more efficient.
Which was going to necessitate my lowering my pricing to them because they were helping me be more efficient by forcing me to implement ISO to get their contracts.
I was going to have to hire two people just to deal with the
unnecessary paperwork and I am supposed to lower cost and pass it on to them.
I started in 1980 as a machinist Flyboy so I remember how all the machine shops were humming at that time.
Several of the machine shops dropped all the commercial work they did for aircraft work and then went under when the aircraft work dried up.
The aircraft companies payment schedule to their vendors left a lot to be desired too.
I tried to avoid them like the plague.
I did do aircraft work but not as a Tier one supplier. More like a Tier 3 or 4.

My main field was in the medical, dental, and scuba areas.
Wheels