PZL P-11c (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

otftch

Staff Sergeant
Dec 8, 2006
Franklinton,NC
I ran into this old 1/72 three model Revell kit about a month ago. I've never built a Polish WW II fighter and couldn't resist. You've seen the Mosca and I'm working on the Cr-42 as a captured US aircraft.

One question, do the prop tips get painted yellow ?
Ed

Attachments

• l box 2.jpg
    l box 2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC05197.jpg
    DSC05197.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC05202.jpg
    DSC05202.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC05206.jpg
    DSC05206.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC05207.jpg
    DSC05207.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC05208.jpg
    DSC05208.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC05209.jpg
    DSC05209.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC05214.jpg
    DSC05214.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 122
Very neatly done Ed. Just been reading "The Forgotten Few", about the Polish Air Force in WW2, and some of their exploits in these aircraft. No doubt Wojtek can tell you about the prop tips. I can tell you though (learned from the above book) that Polish throttle levers (and French) worked the opposite way to British and US levers!!

Nice to see the P11c here. A good work on the model Ed. :thumbright: Although the top colour looks too greenish ( it should have been of the khaki rather ) the prop blades are OK. Their tips have never been white or yellow. Also both wheel hubs were painted with the Khaki colour.

And Terry you are right , Polish throttle levers of P-11c worked inversely.

Nice to see the P11c here. A good work on the model Ed. :thumbright: Although the top colour looks too greenish ( it should have been of the khaki rather )

Here it is from a distance with the flash. This is much closer to the true color. I'm not a photographer and can't seem to get the flash right. When I get close it washes out the photo but without it the color seems to change. If I use the telephoto, my hand shakes so bad the photo is blurred. Yet I can paint a straight line...go figure. Thank you all for your comments.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC05223.jpg
    DSC05223.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 134
Here it is from a distance with the flash. This is much closer to the true color. I'm not a photographer and can't seem to get the flash right. When I get close it washes out the photo but without it the color seems to change. If I use the telephoto, my hand shakes so bad the photo is blurred. Yet I can paint a straight line...go figure. Thank you all for your comments.
Ed

I see Ed. It looks really nice from the distance. :thumbright:

Ahoy Ed
A HARDY WELL DONE that is a Beautifull airplane indeed. you done here justice A very clean build It is the first of one of these I ahve ever seen. Very Well done.

Boats

You did a good job on that one....I have to confess though, I'm slightly more impressed with the Airfix Armstrong Whitley standing up on it's carriage. I built that kit probably 35 years ago and gave up on the landing gear it was so finicky !! One of the very few kits I did with the carriage up !

I like it Ed. Being that I am of Polish decent I want to build some Polish kits.

You did a fantastic job on this one!

i love your Whitley too,is this not ex frog or novo though

I'm pretty sure that one is an origional Frog. Its was built quite few years ago. Let me dust it off and I'll post some pics.

Thank you all for your comments.
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back