Quotes and Jokes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More than likely they are just triggered by trivial BS.

That one about the pistons gong to the top of the cylinder reminds me of answer I saw in Popular Mechanics magazine in the early 70's. Someone wrote in and asked why their car radio reception fluctuated as they drove. The magazine's response was that was due to the Doppler Effect, where the speed of the car changed the frequency of the radios waves received and that this effect was a reason why beltways were so popular for travel around cities, since the constant radius keeps the Doppler Effect from being a problem.

This kind of an answer leaves you dumbfounded, since no one stupid enough to believe that should possess the ability to write it down, never mind being hired by a magazine.

Nobody said they couldn't do it...have at it- I just won't watch or support their protest.

You sure that wasn't a joke response?

Now, maybe we can get this back on track. This thread was to laugh a lil…

View attachment 706523
Once, while working grilling brats during Oktoberfest at the local German-American club, I was approached by a woman, who reached into her jacket and pulled out a veggie patty, and asked if she could slip it on the grille.

It took hours to decontaminate.

Well, to blow my own horn a bit, I was just back from active USAF still with my close cut flat top in 1962 at a university football game. At the National anthem, I stood, hand on heart, while not far from me a young black man lounged on the bench. Just after the anthem, five college age long hair types, came to the man still lying on the bench with the intent to start something. Being young (21), single and patriotic, I announced that I had just served so that someone like this man could sit, if that is the way he felt and if they wanted a fight, I would be on his side. I must have seemed serious (at 145 pounds) so the five walked away. The man never got up, said thanks or acknowledged in any way what had happened. I still feel that way today, however these professional athletes have a career and fortune provided by this country which I think should not be denigrated.

Users who are viewing this thread