Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

-No.
-It's the nut holding the anti-torque rotor. We had one come off. Four crew and (I think) seven or eight ARVNs went in from 3,000 ft.

I've never heard it for the tail rotor, only the main rotor (not saying its not also true though). My dad was a Huey guy, and he used to call the main rotor nut the Jesus Nut.

And here is the main rotor nut on a Huey…

Jesus nut is a slang term for the main rotor retaining nut or mast nut, which holds the main rotor to the mast of some helicopters. The related slang term Jesus pin refers to the lock pin used to secure the retaining nut. More generally, Jesus nut(or Jesus pin) has been used to refer to any component that is a single point of failure which results in catastrophic consequences, and the only thing left to do is pray to Jesus, hence the name.

On the Black Hawks I crewed it was secured by a bunch of bolts.

I helped out replacing a Marine CH-46 Rotor head when they diverted to NAS Pensacola, The torque on the "Jesus" (pronounced like inSpanish) was incredible, one of the only times I ever used a Torque Multiplier while in the USN. The Marine MS Crew Chief was very specific to how the rotor head was replaced. He knew his A/C! Took us squids out for beers after we completed the job in what he said was good time for FNG's!

We almost exclusively worked on fixed wing A/C.

Last edited:
Relative to the Lowes 10% military discount, we just bought my brother a new water heater and also picked up a package of gutter guards. The 10% military discount applied to both items. Bill was $838 and with the discount it came down to $754.

Relative to the Lowes 10% military discount, we just bought my brother a new water heater and also picked up a package of gutter guards. The 10% military discount applied to both items. Bill was $838 and with the discount it came down to $754.

In the end it basically takes care of the taxes.

I'm buying a water softener this weekend, and it will cost about $500, which brings the price down to $450, but after taxes it will be back up to around $500 again.

Users who are viewing this thread