Quotes and Jokes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

'68 Mustang with 428. Had to unbolt one of the motor mounts just to change plugs on that side.
Change out the waterpump on a 4.1L Cadillac (FWD)...13 hours. Instructions actually say, "Step 1. Remove engine from car."
These anomolies are all over the place.
The 1980's were all about stuffing a 4 foot square in a 3 foot hole.

The Lamborghini Miura was my first fantasy Supercar.
Thing about the Fiero was GM's 2/3 rule. They always seemed to get a car 2/3 right back then. When they finally got the Fiero to be a great car they discontinued it.
"USians". I like! Would it be pronounced "Ooozians"?

To clarify:

Canadians: from Canada.

Mexicans: from the Estados Unidos Mexico (United States of Mexico).

Americans: from the United States of America.

That's just north America.

Then there's Argintinians, Brazialians, Peruvians, Ecuadorians, Panamanians, Guatamalians, Colombians, etc., etc., etc...

Fiat X1/9 or something like that? A friend had one and it was a joy to listen to when he opened it up.

Fiat X1/9 or something like that?
No, the Fiat Spyder was less radical looking than the X1/9, like the result of a marriage between a Karhman Gia and a 57 T-bird.
Toyota MR2 looked like someone had run a Fiat X1/9 through a trash compactor. Pontiac Fiero was a similar kind of car, and looked much better, but the fuel system apparently was inspired by the ME-163; the center console was your fuel tank.

MID-ENGINE = Maintenance Incredibly Difficult

The Toyota dealer where I bought my 1978 Celica also sold Fiat X1/9. They had a reprint of a "favorable" car magazine review. I'd have hated to see an unfavorable one. Bottom Line: Fun car to drive because you can max it out every time you drive it and it's so low performance that no one will notice. Just don't challenge anything more formidable, like, for example, a 1972 VW Superbug.

Neighbor of mine finally gave up on his 2002 Rodeo. He bought a used Porsche SUV, a very nice looking car. Then he found out;

1. Oil change is $300, however this is good for a whole year.
2. Battery is under the seat and replacement costs $300.
3. Replacing and reprogramming the remote fobs is $800.
4. Right door usually does not work and cost to repair it is so high that it is "Dukes of Hazard" time.

In the 1960s when I worked/played with old cars a lot, my neighbor sent his nephew over with a "how do I get the fuel pump off" of his 55 Ford V-8. Cars of several manufacture used three bolts to hold the fuel pump to the engine block. I asked the kid if he cared if I made a hole in his inner fender well (they were metal in those days). With the front wheel off and several long extension on my ratchet handle, going through the newly created access opening, the bottom bolt was easily removed. Over the years I have used the "new access panel' for several cars with the exception of a friend who didn't want the "new panel' on his classic 56 Chevy. When the last bolt was finally removed, the new fuel pump was installed with Allen head bolts as there was just enough room to swing an Allen wrench. In even had to show a mechanic the trick once, on my 1974 company car.

Users who are viewing this thread