Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep. that's espresso. That's why the French usually serve it in tiny little cups. It's all anyone can take.

Having drank lots of quality espresso in Italy and my 30 years living Europe, I'll go as far as saying Starbucks is not even serving espresso… :D

It's just really poor coffee…

When I lived in OK and CA it used to be common to see coyotes. Now we have then in places such as GA and FL and this has generated some concerns in affected areas. Fortunately I understand they can be dealt with effectively by painting a fake tunnel on the side of a brick wall.

View attachment 748108
Follow up:

Starbucks used to be a vice of mine. I drank their caramel macchiato daily and religiously. We have one on the 1st floor of my office and I would pick one up every morning.

I used to have my family send me coffee grounds from Germany as well.

Then I was sent to Hawaii for work for 5 weeks one summer, and was introduced to real coffee. Made realize that all that sugar in Starbucks was to make it drinkable.

Now I order whole coffee beans from Hawaii regularly and grind them myself. Have not drank Starbucks in several years anymore.

Starbucks used to be a vice of mine. I drank their caramel macchiato daily and religiously. We have one on the 1st floor of my office and I would pick one up every morning.

I used to have my family send me coffee grounds from Germany as well.

Then I was sent to Hawaii for work for 5 weeks one summer, and was introduced to real coffee. Made realize that all that sugar in Starbucks was to make it drinkable.

Now I order whole coffee beans from Hawaii regularly and grind them myself. Have not drank Starbucks in several years anymore.
My parents friends used to live in Hawaii. Every year, starting in the early 1970's, they'd send mom and dad a bag of "Kona" coffee.
Darkest, richest coffee I ever had.
These days, most people think "Kona" coffee is light, but I've always known it as dark. Dark, dark, dark.
....now I have to go have a cup of coffee. =)

Great coffee in Papua New Guinea as well and I got to know the owner of the coffee processing plant in Lae and he instructed me on what he considered the proper way to brew it. Medium roast, fine ground, water temperature between 90 and 95C, no pollutants. Heaven.

A lot of Australians like Italian coffee - cremated, chunky and steamed to death with steamed milk and white death added. I cannot stand it.

Great coffee in Papua New Guinea as well and I got to know the owner of the coffee processing plant in Lae and he instructed me on what he considered the proper way to brew it. Medium roast, fine ground, water temperature between 90 and 95C, no pollutants. Heaven.

A lot of Australians like Italian coffee - cremated, chunky and steamed to death with steamed milk and white death added. I cannot stand it.
When I was working up there I'd go up with 10kg of luggage and back with 20kg. The extra made up with coffee and vanilla beans. It took me almost 12 months to get through all that I had stashed at home.

Except we call that expresso.
"Just like when learning a new language, you tend to start with the basics such as "hello" and "goodbye". It's no different with coffee, and one of the first things you should learn is that its called an Espresso, not an Expresso. Asking for an Expresso will get you an eye twitch and a quiet, defeated sigh from your barista."

IMG_20231120_181451.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back