Rafale close call

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sunny91

Video Extraordinaire
Apr 2, 2005
Close call over the sea...:shock:

Sunny

Attachments

• rafale_closecall.wmv
    2.4 MB · Views: 103
Hi Les,

>I dont think he was at anytime not in control of his aircraft.... I think he knew exactly how close he wanted to come to the surface...

I've seen a MiG-29 doing a similar manoeuvre at an airshow - it was obvious from the small corrections he made on the way down and the angle-of-attack reserve he left that he was flying it consciously all the way. (And if tarmac were liquid, we'd have seen some spray!)

The Rafale video is too jerky to see these little corrections, but the "final descent" is rather shallow with little curvature, so I suspect you are right that he had planned this manoeuvre to give exactly this result!

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

The Rafale low speed and high AoA capabilties are way above what most people think.

The guy took his time to pull up, not only for the stake of building up some airspeed because he could have kept the stick to his stomack all the way to the horizontal...

The stick went through the AoA limiter at more than 45* when he decided he was low enough.

Here comes some elephant $hit... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Here comes bullshit.jpg
    Here comes bullshit.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 53
The Rafale low speed and high AoA capabilties are way above what most people think.
Just a comment....

Its funny - I remember folks saying how wonderful the Mirage F.1 was many years ago. You could find a lot of spare F.1 parts scattered across Iraq.

Just a comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back