Rare Crazy Panzer Projekts.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

on that " thing" you better put a bullseye for the allied bombers, so big they can not miss!!!!!

It was a real design of the Germans. It never got beyond the drawing board, of course.

Nope. Seriously. From pure memory it carried two 380mm in the turrt as main armament and was powered off two submarine engines.

Holy s.. that was big! But top speed 40 km/h, 1000 ton,brake distanse???
But that was the p 1000.what about the p 1500, 1500 ton and 800 mm gun.thats crazee, where they gonna drive such a thing ,aaautoban??

I think the 40 km/h is a little over-optimistic. I doubt it would be able to reach that speed if it even moved at all. If it was ever built it would be what the name suggests, a land cruisers but as the Cruisers in the sea found, they are vulnerable to air power. Bombs, bombs and more bombs would destroy it if it even managed to move. And what about repairing the thing?

That's what they estimated. It was never built, so it was never proven. I doubt it could go 40 km/h, I mean c'mon...at that weight!?! No way.

What was the penetration of the Faust or Schreck?

'Faust 50k = 150mm

'Faust 100k = 210mm

'Shreck = 200mm

The 'Fausts were dangerous to the operator too and only single shot.

The Bazooka was aluminium, foldable and available, but offered only half the penetration. :confused:

They also put those doing the hand signals at risk of enemy snipers as they're exposed.

Not with the T34/85's 'Mickey Maus' cupola hatches.

That piccy CharlesBronson posted is in a new book coming out which also has art of the JagerMaus.

I think the 40 km/h is a little over-optimistic. I doubt it would be able to reach that speed if it even moved at all.

I should be able to calculate the top speed, I'll do it in a week or so.

However to actually get it going in the 1st place...

Has anyone got the torque figures for those U-Boot engines, or at what rpm those power figures arrived at?

Bombs, bombs and more bombs would destroy it if it even managed to move.

I think the top armour was a lot thicker than a battleships?

It was designed for this, as was the Maus to a lesser extent.

I doubt it could go 40 km/h, I mean c'mon...at that weight!?! No way.

What if it was dropped from a great height? :D

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
You have to be s**t me! I know they came up with crazy designs but that is just obsurd.

....And that is why I ve called this topic "rare and crazy panzer Projekts" ;)

The teorical use of Ratte and Maus were to fill the gaps in the Atlantic Wall, serving as a self propelled heavy coast defense guns.

They were still exposed to snipers, even in the T-34/85. Hand signals are slow and not always reliable due to the situation of the battle, battle mist could blind one tank from another. Hand signals are not enough.

I doubt the top armour was thicker than a battleship. The Maus was only 40mm on top.

schwarzpanzer said:
Has anyone got the torque figures for those U-Boot engines, or at what rpm those power figures arrived at?

I dont have torque or rpms for those but I can give you Horse Power.

To power something of that size it probably would need the engines of the Type VII U-Boot. The Type IX was probably too big for it. The engines of the Type VII were 2800 - 3200 HP Diesel Motors made my MANN.

Thats OK DerAdler, thanks, but I was after trque and/or rpm figures, cheers anyway.

BTW I put the weight and bhp of the Ratte in my 1/4 mile estimator and got 28 seconds!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back