Rare honour for soldier who defied the Taliban

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
3,526
19
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Location
United Kingdom
Is that true about it being the first living serviceman since Vietnam?
 

Attachments

  • Recent MOH.jpg
    Recent MOH.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 294
:salute:
 
I believe its the first to a 'living' recipient. The others bewteen the wars have been posthomous. (spellcheck!)
 
First or not, he still gets my :salute:. And the stamp of authenticity comes with "I didn't run through fire to do anything heroic or brave. I did what I believe anyone would have done." Double salute for that, Sarge. :salute::salute:
 
Good to see some of my fellow soldiers being awarded for something they truly earned, unlike PFC Lynch.
Yes I do believe it's the first time. As far back as I can remember the 2 Delta Snipers in Mogadishu where KIA as well as SFC Smith, Corporal Dunham USMC, Specialist McGinnis, and Navy Seal Monsoor all KIA in Iraq, while SFC Monti and Lt. Murphy (Navy Seal) were KIA in Afghanistan. It's sad they died, but they saved a lot of other peoples lives. God Speed.
 
:salute:

One award that I never hoped to be in a situation to have to earn when I was in the military.
 
:salute:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back