RCAF Mustang Mk.l

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Just purchased some decals to model an RCAF Mustang Mk.l 400sq. in training unit markings. I'm trying to find a 1/48 kit but all the ones I've found lack the nose guns. I have an Accurate Miniatures P-51A kit so I'm wondering if this is convertible.

rcaf mustang.JPG

Geo

If you aren't going to make the engine compartment fully "equipped" it will be enough to drill two holes and attach two barrel replics of 0.5s.

309_Lewkowicz.jpg

a36apache-2.jpg

MustangI_7.jpg

Last edited:
And another coincidence! Over the past few weeks, I've been looking at the kits available to do a RAF Mustang I or II. There's the AM kit, and the Academy and ICM kits (I believe the Academy is ex-Hobbycraft), and all need some mods to get the right version. That said, even without the conversion kit(s), and with a little bit of work, an acceptable result can be had with any of the kits, unless aiming for 100% accuracy when, to be honest, a micrometer would probably be needed to verify any 'off' areas.
BTW, there's a 1/32nd scale kit due out from (if memory serves me) Special Hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back