I post the following for all the doubters and double-talkers who dismiss the importance of The Commonwealth - or
at least my section of it ...

:
Crossed the common border at both ends and in the middle too many times to count, always welcomed, always enjoyed the stay... but
what is your section? East, West, Central or God Forbid, the Great White North

?
Two true stories:
sainted wife always complained about the Quebecois tourists in their restaurant in Cape May NJ. and British Columbians. (Q's lousy tippers she claimed

and BC's dangerous to her novice snow plow skiing technique

She couldn't go slow enough, they couldn't go fast enough

) truth be told, she found american tips just as meager when she worked as a waitress in Wyoming. Of course, I didn't dare bring up the common element in HER two experiences if you get my drift.

(<--- That icon is not representing 'shock' it depicts pure knee-quaking and teeth chattering fear.)
This summer, I spent 2 weeks in Europe with two Canadian families as traveling companions. Never had so much fun on a trip before. Didn't realize until that trip that, next to the casualities suffered by the USA on Omaha beach, Canadian's Normandy landings were the next most strongly opposed and bloody. The Canadian late-war tank battles (post-Normandy and later, within Germany) among the most savagely fought...
Of course, I have yet to forgive the Canadian Government or people for reducing the canadian armed forces to a common purple organization. What I ask was wrong with the RCAF, and the RCN? They both had magnificent traditions.