Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just two this month lol. Under $30 for both so I was good. Have my eye on a ABK Nakajima A2N3 4003 1/48. Pricey, but I really want one. Father's Day is coming up soon.

Attachments

• Hasegawa AIchi D3A1 1:48.jpg
    754.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Hasegawa Mitsubishi A6M2b Houkoku 1:48.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 14
very nice indeed.

i keep thinking of going to 1/72 scale for 4 engine heavies, as there is more choice and because of the display areas needed.
I did that myself some time ago.
I had the Monogram 1/48th scale B-24D all ready for paint and final assembly and put it away in the box until I had a place to display it. That was 22 years ago and it's still waiting in the box.

very nice indeed.

i keep thinking of going to 1/72 scale for 4 engine heavies, as there is more choice and because of the display areas needed.

What you say makes perfect sense, but I have a weird thing about not mixing scales, even in the same room, let alone on the same shelf. Now I've switched to 1/48, it's 1/48 all the way.

In any case this Lanc is a bit of a special build so (hopefully) worth the money shelled out for the kit, the aftermarket and the extension to the house to accommodate it.

exactly why i haven't actually done it yet !

Bank manager : "So, let me get this right. You want an overdraft for an extension to your house, right?"
Modeller : "Correct."
Bank manager : "And why do you need such a house extension?"
Modeller : "To be able to display a model aircraft."
Bank manager : "To WHAT !!!!"
Modeller : "Yeah, that's what the wife said too !!"
Modeller : "Oh, and bye the way, could you increase the overdraft by 25% ? I'll need to cover the divorce costs !"

Users who are viewing this thread