Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My latest purchase! will be doing Gabby's machine with 27 victories and the invasion stripes!

Attachments

• IMGP4247.JPG
    IMGP4247.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 72
Nice! From what I've seen of some build reviews, the kit is a corker. I think I've got some colour pics of Gabby's kite, if they're of use Wayne? Certainly got profiles and B&W pics.

Nice buy Wayne, I dont got no 1/32 but I got 1/72! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 56
Thanks Woj, they are really nice for $7 each. Recessed panels, nice quality, and the bull / chief head are kick ass!

They llook very good generally.As memory serves the decal with the bull for the Revell kit is incorrect.Of course there are small incorrections but both models can be built out of box without correction of them.If you use a few PE details and rasin additions to them the success is guaranteed.

Last edited:
Dont think I will buy PE or resin for a 1/72, I would for a 1/32 and or nice 1/48. Will just build these buggers, hope the fit aint bad!

Got my EE Lightning book today....:D Well worth the price just for the colour profiles!:shock:8)

DSCF0001-43.jpg

DSCF0002-42.jpg

DSCF0003-41.jpg

DSCF0004-36.jpg

DSCF0005-31.jpg

DSCF0006-26.jpg

DSCF0007-22.jpg

DSCF0008-19.jpg

DSCF0009-21.jpg

DSCF0010-13.jpg

DSCF0011-20.jpg

DSCF0012-18.jpg

DSCF0013-13.jpg

DSCF0014-13.jpg

DSCF0015-11.jpg

Just had to buy this issue of Life Magazine from November 16,1942 with Model Sonia Gover and Winter Warmth in Fashion on the cover and an inside short article and photos, Other features with photos include a 3 page pictorial of Insects from the new book by Edwin Way Teale,My Trip To Panama by Jinx Falkenburg in a Life Report with photos,The USA Goes Republican in a nice article about the 1942 Congressional Elections,US Joins in War in Africa,Eleanor Roosevelt in England,US Army Opens Manhattan,NY Induction Center,The Illustrated London News is 100 Years Old,Major General Alexander A Vandegrift,The Gremlins and How Busy Aerial Pixies make Trouble For Wartime Flyers/Pilots,The Dardanelles and Turkey's Trouble Spot in War,The Varga Girls by Peruvian Alberto Vargas with Hazel Brooks,Ruth Ownbey,Mary Jane French,Kay Williams,Kay Aldridge,Aileen Haley and Georgia Carroll,Aerial Interception and The Job of Destroying Enemy Bombers By US Pilots With Teamwork and Precision,Amphibious War and a Land Sea Attack with models by Norman Bel Geddes,play review and photos of "Cry Havoc" with an all amateur all female cast,The Life and Death of the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier in a great article and photos,The River Jordan Mural Comes To Baptist Church of Shiloh,Virginia,Water and New Well Design for Open Country,Life Goes To a Royal Wedding of Princess Maria Francisca de Orleanse Branganca of Brazil to Prince Dom Duarte Nuno of Portugal,Millard Hopper the Checker King Tours Marine USO Units Overseas,loads of old war ads and more...

Attachments

• Life Magazine November 16 1942.jpg
    Life Magazine November 16 1942.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 59
Spot on Red One! I feel a kite from 'ErPrG 53', 1944, coming on!
Wayne, I'll dig some stuff out and e-mail it; got loads of colour profiles of the 56th, and colour shots in another book. Might get it done tonight (Thursday), if not it'll be by the weekend. Don't know if you'll need it , as you'll probably know already, but I have the M.I.S. build and review (2 builds) for this kit, pointing out any minor errors, and which cockpit floor is which for the various block numbers. Shout if you want that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back