Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Right....been lucky on ebay to snap these babies up for a somewhat.....errmmm....hmmm....reasonable price. :oops:
The PR.9 will be a No. 13 Squadron photorec bird. Have no idea about the bomber or fighter version though. The F4U-4B will become, in time, Ken Walsh's crate from Okinawa, June '45...."White 13". 8)

Sometimes ebay IS good! :oops::lol:

Attachments

• AX10101.jpg
    AX10101.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 53
  • AX10102.jpg
    AX10102.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 52
  • AX10103.jpg
    AX10103.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 53
  • F4U-4B.jpg
    F4U-4B.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 51
  • hunter1.jpg
    hunter1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 52
Nice haul Jan! Have a look in the Hunter book, and see if there are any pics of 66 Sqn F6's, there' a good chap. BTW, see my other reply in your Canberra thread, re the 13 Sqn kite.
Daniel, it'll probably be an 88 Sqn machine, or certainly one of the UK based, probably 2 Group, squadrons. Want to do it as a small diorama, possibly having an engine serviced, and with the hatch beneath the bomb aimers compartment cut open, IF I can find somewhere to stuff enough weight to keep the nose on the deck, otherwise, it'll have to be glued down!
Already started my research, and thankfully, Karl gave me a link for a good book (which has one of my paintings on the cover!) that has some useful pics and info. (Thanks Karl!).

just ordered the paints and decals for my FAA corsair Mk II, will be doing the same bird as Catch only in 1/48 scale and also got a Tamiya 1/48 Nakajima Ki84-IA Hayate Frank and a Tamiya 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero for £8 each

Attachments

• 48041-01.jpg
    48041-01.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 48041-02.jpg
    48041-02.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 57
Lovely buys fellas! No credit crunch for Jan! :lol:

Lovely Boston Terry, I'm sure you'll do a great job on it. When's the Bomber GB? I want to build a B-17 for that one!

Nice buys Karl, you got a good deal on the kits mate.
Keith, yep, the Bombers/Heavy Hitters GB is after the MTO build, so should be starting beginning of November. I'll probably throw in 'my' Lanc, from 625 Sqn, in 1/72nd - love to do it in 1/48th, but cost and space are an issue! Might do a RAF 100 group B17 ECM machine too, from the old Matchbox kit I've had for 25 years!

The postie brought me TWO parcels today, one tiny and one HUGE! The small one, which was so small that Idoubted that it could possibly be 1/48, was the Academy F4U-4B. The sliiiightly larger was my two Canberras....

Btw, am I the only one that lack inspiration as soon as it's beautiful weather outside? :oops:

DSCF0005-33.jpg

And the three sister family reunion....

DSCF0004-37.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back