Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

my latest.....the Zero has taken a while to get down under....look forward to comparing it to the Eduard kit.

View attachment 730248View attachment 730249
I have read that the kit itself is well designed. The decals apparently have some errors. One of the aircraft, BII-124 (Itto (Hiko) Hei (Flyer First Class) Hajimi Toyoshima) from Hiryu was shot down during the February Darwin Raid and the pilot captured. It couldn't have been at Midway with that number. BI-151 (Lt. Fusada Ilda from Soryu was shot down December 7th. Photos courtesy of the Internet.

Attachments

• IidaCrashSite.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 10
  • l6wnBd1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Kit does look pretty good in the box.
Re. the decals you are correct about BII-124, if they are referring to that aircraft, it could be possible another BII-124 replacement was so marked for Midway, an unknown factor..? Or the illustrator doesn't know as much as they think they do in identifying correct time period and markings....
Re. BI-151 there definitely was another after Lt. Fusada Iida and PH (as far as I know the code is not 100% confirmed).
The second was flown likely by Lt. JG Iyozo Fujita carrying Lighter Coloured Blue Markings similar to what is in the Kit, while the earlier BLUE markings were more like a Blue Angels Blue, much darker in the earlier period.
The Lighter Blue has been carried over from Kit to Kit and decal sheet to decal sheet over time and is really not correct for PH
The Only decal sheet I know of that most accurately conveys the Dark Blue is on Yellow hammer Decal sheet YHD32015 A6M2 Zero type 21's as shown below.

Gee Willikers. I didn't know ICM did aircraft Stands. Good Choice Terry. I might have to get one of these on order.

Users who are viewing this thread