Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, that makes things easy then! :lol: I'm like you though, I don't care so much about the cost of a kit, though I will hunt for a cheaper version of the same kit if it's too steep (like I did my Stuka). I only care when I don't feel it's worth what I paid for it, like the Trumpeter Corsair!

Well usually I buy what interests me, and Ive only been familiar with Revell and Academy because they are lower priced kits compared to the "bad boys" of modeling, mostly Hasegawa. Academy has recessed lines but the decals could go, Revell is pretty decent and the decals are great. But now I want to dive into atleast one kit where I dont have to sand and putty for hours and get some nice feats for the extra buck.

I looked up the hellcats, looked very nice, especially the cockpit. Too bad most of that gets covered up really tight by the almost bubble hole.

Yeah, it is, but it still looks REAL good when you're done.

I prefer the more expensive, but better, kits. I don't enjoy it when I have to fight with a kit to get it together. I don't mind fixing the odd thing, but I guess I'm just lazy! I hate having to fight with them.

My first post on the site, i've recently finished constructing Hasegawa's Junkers Ju87 G-2 Stuka in 48 scale, fantastic model, fits well and those big anti-tank guns are a beautiful addition to the kit. :D

Oh no dear boy, not anger! we might take the p.. er... we might pull your leg, but never anger. Well, unless it's your round and you do a runner of course!!
EDIT: BTW, which part of Manchester are you in?

Oh no dear boy, not anger! we might take the p.. er... we might pull your leg, but never anger. Well, unless it's your round and you do a runner of course!!
EDIT: BTW, which part of Manchester are you in?

The North side of Manchester not too far from the city centre which is great because theres a pretty descent sized Modelzone in the city centre which a friend of mine works at...meaning i get to abuse his 30% discount :D

Ah! I'm the other side, Macclesfield, in Cheshire. I went into Manchester at the end of April, first time in years, on my way back from 'up north'. Went to the fantastic model shop on Deansgate - only to find it's now a bl**dy travel agent!!
I was devastated, as it used to be the equivalent (almost) of Hannant's, had virtually everything that the smaller model shops, such as my local one, don't stock. I've used Model Zone for a mail order job once, to get the 1/32nd scale Hunter at £9.99, instead of £25 and they have some good deals occassionally, but I don't really class them as a 'proper' model shop, more a sort of supermarket, with some good stuff some of the time.

Well....cough...cough...I...eerrrmmm....you see....ahum....the thing is....oh b*ll*cks...! I bought this one for the MTO/North Africa GB....

Attachments

• Revell 1-48 B-26 B-G Marauder.jpg
    Revell 1-48 B-26 B-G Marauder.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 63
You've been and gone and done it again, haven't you? How many times have we told you, no more models, or sweeties until next month! You know it's not good for you, your blood pressure increases every time you start drooling and dribbling over all those bits of plastic, and the decals of course. Don't forget to take your medication, put the parts back in the box, then climb back into your cage, now there' a good chap.
And anyway, how the @**k are you going to manage three fairly large 'twins' in three months, eh?

The goodies came! 1/48 RAF field crew (great set with nice dio pieces), Jerry Can set for my P61 dio and others, yellow fine turf and bushes, dark earth paint and well the other is a Wojtek special. Dont mind the 2nd picture the rest of you......:lol::lol:

Attachments

• DSC_0196.JPG
    DSC_0196.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0198.JPG
    DSC_0198.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back