Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think 3 is all I need, anymore and that would be pushing it. I got the RAF set for a possible spitfire dio later. Also with the P61, dont want to crowd the base, its easy to do that! :D

Ah! I'm the other side, Macclesfield, in Cheshire. I went into Manchester at the end of April, first time in years, on my way back from 'up north'. Went to the fantastic model shop on Deansgate - only to find it's now a bl**dy travel agent!!
I was devastated, as it used to be the equivalent (almost) of Hannant's, had virtually everything that the smaller model shops, such as my local one, don't stock. I've used Model Zone for a mail order job once, to get the 1/32nd scale Hunter at £9.99, instead of £25 and they have some good deals occassionally, but I don't really class them as a 'proper' model shop, more a sort of supermarket, with some good stuff some of the time.

Yes i agree about Modelzone its over priced too it's not a bad place to call into if your desperate for something or just for a general look around, theres a great little indepedant model shop i've found in the south of manchester, lots of older kits in there and i've picked up some really hard to find kits in there for good prices. The man that runs it got hold of around 400-500 kits by doing a house clearance when an elderly man had passed away, the man had apparently been hording kits away for around 25 years not making them just putting them to aside so it's a great little model shop for picking up some absolute great finds.

Spill the beans then? Who, where etc? I used to occassioanlly get to , oh heck, forgotten the name, something like JH or FS models? At Droylsden or Failsworth I think, they were fairly good, but it's years since I was there. My local shop isn't too bad in general, but they don't have some of the brands such as Academy. Her prices are good though, and most of the major brands (Hasegawa, Tamiya, Revell) she can get within a few days. I was quite amazed when I got the Italeri 1/48th Boston there at £16.99, as it's anywhere from £19.99 to £24.99 elsewhere, including the mail order 'discount' places!
Must admit though, that Hunter from Model Zone was a steal, I should have bought two or three!

Well, as already Terry the old boy has been informed by text, I got another one of these beauties on ebay. It was buy it now for 37 of the Queens best folding, but since I already had 27 smackaronies on my PayPal account, I paid only a tenner for it....

Didn't tell him thought that the shipping is free....(takes cover):oops:

Attachments

• 1182409179.jpg
    1182409179.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 48
Only gonna have two me think.... The funny thing is, I hated their looks before, couldn't care less about them....plain ugly and all that stuff. :oops: :lol:

I think that we all know who's fault it is, right?

Terry......where are yoouu!!??

I think when you start judging an aircraft by its looks and calling it "ugly" you've gone off the deep end, oh Terry.... :lol:

A beautifully pugnacious beast, the Lightning, splendid aerial carriage for gentlemen of refined taste and worldly experience, don't you know.
Now then, young Swedish fellow me lad, what's all this about free shipping then?!!
Free? Cost me 900 of the Queens shiney Pennies, the robbing bar stewards! I mean, @**@ me, even Dick Turpin wore a bl**dy mask! Daylight robbery, that's what I call it, darned scallywags. Flog 'em, I say!

A beautifully pugnacious beast, the Lightning, splendid aerial carriage for gentlemen of refined taste and worldly experience, don't you know.
Now then, young Swedish fellow me lad, what's all this about free shipping then?!!
Free? Cost me 900 of the Queens shiney Pennies, the robbing bar stewards! I mean, @**@ me, even Dick Turpin wore a bl**dy mask! Daylight robbery, that's what I call it, darned scallywags. Flog 'em, I say!

I say old boy, one hit the head on the nail what! A Lightning is as slim and beautiful as the '104 Starfighter. Takes the man of worldly knowledge and travels to appreciate it, just like fine wine and expensive whisky. You can tell that a man of the finest of finest of schools designed her, showing a imposing grandeur and magnificence, a howling success don't you know!
Could have a rattling conversation about this old chap...

jim-dandy, top hole and all the rot!

I say, one has excelled oneself in the abundance and verbosity of ones praise for such a worthy creation which, being the true pinnacle of the aeronautical art exhibits a grandeur that is at one with its rapid and lethal progress, displaying as it does such attractive and sleek curvaceous angles and lines that are, although perhaps not so as its predecessor the Hunter, who's beauty and grace was above all else, a true and just indication of design elan, never more honestly presented than when this shining arrow shrugs off the cloying grasp of wet and grubby ground, to reach once more those vaulted realms, where freedom of the air abounds and welcomes the craft to home and heart.
Aye, it's a canny plane man y'nah !

With the beautiful line and speed of a Gazelle the |Hunter is work of art and the Lightning be the Gepard for its lightning speed...
The old colonies has a lot to learn don't you know old boy...having leftovers that's older.

I say old chap! Does one care for a spot of tea? The beans are very aromatic, you open the bag and your brain perks up don't you know. ...The tea bags are rather pretty, but all that silk ends up in the ... It's a cup full of steamed milk with a hint of tea taste. Totally spiffing old boy.

Nothing like a fancy-No clock, sneak-a-cup that shuts the world off when you decide what if's..... an 'Old Style Perk-o-later' I mean it's the same splendid princible that the .... If you're really particular, you may want to add your own "water"....

Now, how to make the old colonies speak proper Queens English....

Dear boy, one would need to spend ones entire life teaching the old Colonies how to speak, let alone speak the Queen's English, don't you know. A quick snifter before the next Chukka?

Spill the beans then? Who, where etc? I used to occassioanlly get to , oh heck, forgotten the name, something like JH or FS models? At Droylsden or Failsworth I think, they were fairly good, but it's years since I was there. My local shop isn't too bad in general, but they don't have some of the brands such as Academy. Her prices are good though, and most of the major brands (Hasegawa, Tamiya, Revell) she can get within a few days. I was quite amazed when I got the Italeri 1/48th Boston there at £16.99, as it's anywhere from £19.99 to £24.99 elsewhere, including the mail order 'discount' places!
Must admit though, that Hunter from Model Zone was a steal, I should have bought two or three!

Its called quite originally 'the model shop' its in Northenden which is in the South of Manchester near Didsbury, the address incase you ever think of taking a little trip there is:

My Model Shop
Mr. Steve Young
38 Longley Lane
Northenden
MANCHESTER
M22 4JH

Its pretty good not great for paints,equipment etc but has some pretty rare kits in there. Last week i picked up a Tamiya Bristol Beaufighter MK. VI in 48th Scale for £10 and its around £20-22 everywhere else i've seen it.

Just got an email from ebay about the last Lightning that I snapped up....been cancelled for some bl**dy odd reason! :( Oh well, keep looking....:lol:

D*mn decent of you to offer a pipecleaner old boy....one will sing like a bird afterwards what!

Thanks PP, I know Northenden, I used to live just up the road, in Sale, when I first moved to this region. I think I might pop in when I'm down that way next.

Dear boy, one would need to spend ones entire life teaching the old Colonies how to speak, let alone speak the Queen's English, don't you know. A quick snifter before the next Chukka?

What the blazers? Geez these bloody Poms and Swedes don't half talk a load o' crap! What a pack o' bloody morons! Surprised they don't trip over their own bloody tongues the way they rabble on..!!!! :)

The what of the WHAT now!? :shock: Has one been smoking bad pot, eating long past best before date mushrooms? One would say that you're definitely chasing the wrong dragon here old boy! One would think that you're not really clued up as one say...away with the mixer.
Not very cricket to c*ck a snoot like that, not accepted among sportsmen, one would suspect that you have gone completely hatstand here...one isn't cruising for a bruising what?

Now, if one wishes to arse around, may I suggest somewhere else as you have made yourself like...oh I don't know, bat on a sticky wicket comes to mind.

Terry, would one be so kind as to explain for the old colonials...there's a good lad.

The younger generation are acting Bertie Big Bollocks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back