Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Im actually eyeing off the ICM Mk IX Spitfire with Johnnie Johnson decals.

I don't recommend it. ICM stuff, I mean. Their kits and decals are cheap ! Last time I built one of their Spitfire I sweared so much that I decided to never build one of their kits again.

However, ICM pilots and ground personnel kits are of great quality.

I know Hasegawa produced a kit of Johnnie Johnson's plane. If I was you I would pay the few extra bucks and buy that one.

Kit number 09555, titled as : "Spitfire Mk. IXc - Kenley Wing"

Attachments

• 09555.jpg
    09555.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 100
Just received a balsa/tissue flying model of a P-35 as a gift. (thanks Chris).
I have a balsa/tissue model of a Rufe in front of it, tho...

Charles

I don't recommend it. ICM stuff, I mean. Their kits and decals are cheap ! Last time I built one of their Spitfire I sweared so much that I decided to never build one of their kits again.

I know Hasegawa produced a kit of Johnnie Johnson's plane. If I was you I would pay the few extra bucks and buy that one.

I cannot agree with you Maestro.Most of ICM 1/48 scale kits ( among them Spitfires) are quite good.ICM's Sptfires have better dimensions ( wingspan, fuselage lenght, etc..) comparing to Hasegawa ones.It is true that plastic used for moulding is a bit worse than Tamiya or other madel makers but the firm have improved it recently.I have some of their kits and I haven't noticed any problems so far.What is more the ICM ones are cheaper than Hasegawa or Tamiya ones and taking that most of ICM's models are copies of Tamiya kits ( Mustang Mk.III for instance is a mix of Tamiya and Accurate Minatures kits) into consideration, it is worth to buy them.But if you don't like.......

Attachments

• REV_03108_TIGER_1H.jpg
    REV_03108_TIGER_1H.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 90
  • REV_03122_PANZER_IVJ.jpg
    REV_03122_PANZER_IVJ.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 84
  • REV_03133_PANZER_IIIL.jpg
    REV_03133_PANZER_IIIL.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 86
Yep I'm with Heinz.These kits look very nice.All parts of these are moulded very clear,no overflows, many small details.At glance it seems all of these pieces should fix together excellently.I'm going to buy Panther A and D and Jagdpanther, or King Tiger additionally

With the Cleo markings Wildcat?

Pretty sure thats the same as mine, I cant wait to build it :D

Yep that's the one. I might have to buy a second kit though, because I really want to make both Cleopatra III and the 120 (NEI) sqn RAAF example. Hmm what to do??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back