Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Best airbrush I have ever used is a Paasche double action. I have used Badgers before and they are alright but the Paasche is very controllable and smooth.

Revell paints: in natural state dry out rapidly as Alex (Heinz) said, and dry streaky on your model. You can't thin them 'just a bit' - it's all or nothing, which usualy leaves obvious brush strokes. Very inferior quality in comparison to Humbrol and Aeromaster paints.
In short, don't touch them with a 10-foot barge pole (if you paint by brush, atleast)

Bought this today;

Italeri's FW 190 D9 1/72.

Thats the box art;

IT1128-2T.jpg

Nice Heinz.:D

Here is my recent D-9 Bilek Fw190D-9 1:72 scale.

Attachments

• BILEK_902.jpg
    BILEK_902.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 95
A bit late, but got the Dragon 1/72 Dornier Do 335A-1 a few weeks back - beautiful moulding and detail, and 2 complete DB 603 engines with detailed engine bays...reviews I've read praise it's ease of assembly, with 'little or no filling required'.
They also do the A-12 (two seater - 2 A-10s built and tested, 2 A-12s built, captured in factory), aswell as a couple of 'one-offs' which were also under construction when captured.

Well recommended it for anyone interested in the type.

That also sounds great, Alex!

Yep, Dragon do a few VERY nice kits in 1/72 - I have their He 219A-7, He 162 (packaged as the 'Mistel 5' with the Ar E377a and trolley), Ar 234B-1, Ta 152H-1, and now Do 335A-1.
I would love to get their Horten IX V3, which surpasses the Revell kit mainly in having full engines...(Their Ta 152 and He 162 also come with complete engines.)

These days you can get some Dragon 1/72 kits cheaper too - Italeri's Mig 15 is ex-Dragon, as is Revell's 'Mistel 5'. I think their Do 335A-1 kit has been reboxed by Revell now, too.

I can't help it, but after looking at the WW2, post ww2 and cold war Russian aircraft, its hard for me to believe that the Russian design bureau and its petitioners ever had an original thought. Shameful but effective.

THX friends.:D :D :D I hope I can start assembling as soon as possible.But I have some other models in progress and these have to be finished firstly.
In addition, my new compressor and an airbrush have been delivered.I had bought them before I went into the hospital, but today these were delivered to my friend's hobby shop.

Indeed, the forum wasn't the same with you not around Wojtek...looking forward to your build! I've always loved the La-5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back