Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a shame about the lack of Merlin and gun bays, and sorry to hear about the decals - are they still usable?

The ICM models are of a good quality mostly.The main problem we can encounter with is the plastic.Although its quality has gotten better recently some problems are still visible. Here is my Mustang III that is still waiting for assembling.

Attachments

• 48123.jpg
    48123.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 76
Pretty good. Radio equipment and cockpit floor in the Mustang looks crisp. Figures in mine are top rate! The decals are being slowly uncurled as we speak, should be ok. Spitfire is pretty good with the bulkheads pretty well moulded.

Almost also grabbed a M IX Spitfire from ICM aswell in Johnnie Johnson's scheme.

Thanks mate! I just finished work, so I'm off to town now to see if they've got that P-51D...

Have a good one, guys, and see yas round tomorrow! (Alex, get some sleep!!!) :)

The ICM Mustang Mk.III is a kind of a mixture.Generaly the model it is a copy of the Tamiya P-51 with some corrections and have some details of Accurate Minatures added.Two cockpit conopies are included to the kit the standard US one and RAF Malcolm hood.The pilot panel ,the gun sight are made of transparent plastick like the conopies.The rest of cockpit details is acceptable but if you need to make better minature of the Mustang the photoetched parts and some rasin sets will be welcome.

Soon I hope actually. Already decided Im going to spray it with auto paint I've been using on some car kits Im currently doing.
Once I get a job first thing to save for is an airbush set up :)

I'm looking around at the moment for an airbrush too, Alex. Too many good builds were let down in the painting, especially as we can only get Revell paints here now (bloody shocking stuff, I really miss the Humbrols).

Thanks Wojtek for that info too -saw that kit yesterday, but am waiting a little bit incase the P-51D turns up.

Oh yes those revell paints :shock: were awful!

Couldn't you get some sent from a UK shop or something Evan?

I use humbrols mainly apart from one or two tamiya and Mr Hobby pots.

I'm going to have to start doing that, I think. Even if you thin the Revells down they still look like shite. Luckily I still have a few GHumbrols remaining (albeit old), but a few vital colours are long gone.

My favourites for Luftwaffe aircraft were the Aeromaster range, which they've long since stopped producing (or so I've been told...)

What different markings are in these kits, Guys?

The kit has two decal sets included.The first is like in the top-box shown - Mustang Mk.III of 316 (Polish) Squadron June 1944 and the second one is of Sqn.Ldr. D.Westnera ( 8 victories) OC 65 Sqn. 1944.
But Techmod offers much better sets for the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back