Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i went on abit of a spree and got:

Academy 1/72 Me 163 Komet
academy 1/72 P-47D thunderbolt 'bubbletop"
academy 1/72 F-86F sabre
academy A6M5c Zero type 52c
kangnam F-8E crusader

And a nice one I won off ebay
fujimi F4/EJ Phantom

Looks like I will be busy for a while!

Jason, that A6M5 is a great kit (I'm slow building one for a mate), but you'll want to change the sliding section of the main canopy. They've made it completely flat and it really looks wrong. Falcon do a replacement vacform canopy for it, which is also available under the Squadron canopies brand name.

A good info Evan.My Zero is still waiting in a box for assembling.I haven't been looking at the kit from the day it was given to me by my former commander and workmates for my Birthday.

No worries, mate!
Further personal criticisms are the wheel wells are too shallow (I cut them out and set them them deeper), and the cockpit a little sparse, with a bad fit around the instrument panel, but the canopy is the thing that's really noticable.
In saying that, panel detailing is superb (as usual) with only the starboard side rudder needing to be scribed. The engine is superb, and if you add the cylinder hoses really looks the part.

Re the P-40K,it appears to be a K-15-CU or K-20-CU, so if you want to convert it to an M (just add the cooling plate ahead of the exhausts on both sides, and 'Voila!' ) then I can give you markings for an RAF, SAAF, USAAF or RAAF aircraft if you like. ...or you could make a kiwi K-15/-20-CU or M Kittyhawk, although I don't have any spare pacific roundels unfortunately.

THX Evan for your offer but I want to make P-40K version.For E/N/M I have other kits.:D But if you want you can send me the decals.I would be very grateful.

BTW Do you need any additional decals for the Polish planes?

No worries, mate, they're yours!
And thanks too re the Polish markings! I'll let you know if I need any. (I'm toying with the idea of converting a Polikarpov I-16 to a Polish two seater, but this is just an idea for now)

So we should see a flurry of activity over the coming months...:D

Got my hands on my Japo Fw190D part 2, finally.... long slow boat ride from the Czech Republic...$105 bucks, heard today it was selling elsewhere in Oz for up to $200!!! now thats a bit rich!

and one of the 1/32 Snake Stuka's from 21st century toys.....:D this should be a fun build...nice and cheap too!!

G'day Jason! try the following:
2008 Squadron - Your Online Hobby Shop: Mail Order Military Scale Plastic Models and Books
List of 1/72 scale Clear-Vax canopy sets

Under the Falcon Clear Vax name it comes as apart of their 1/72 scale Set No.18: Imperial Japanese Naval Air Force, World War II (part 1). It is actually designed for the Hasegawa kit, but should fit the Academy kit just fine.

Under the Squadron Canopies name, the same Falcon canopies are sold as individual subjects (two canopies per set)

As for my latest purchases, I decided to see what was about, hoping to get an Academy Tempest and P-40M/N, and to my amazement they were both there! (and now safely at home in my cupboard :D )

Hi guys!!!
here is my recent aquisitions!

HPIM1745.jpg

HPIM1733.jpg

HPIM1732.jpg

HPIM1724.jpg

HPIM1723.jpg

HPIM1722.jpg

HPIM1718.jpg

HPIM1734.jpg

I can see you'll be busy, mate! is that Revell Spitfire Mk.22/24 a reboxing of the Matchbox kit?

..And Alex, I read in your first post about the Italeri Hudson. It's a reboxing of the MPM kit, as is their Wellington kit. (I've got both)

thanks for the info evan! much appreciated!

and luis, I see you have the P-47D kit from academy. I have already done this kit and so far its the best plane that I have done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back