Recent Purchases (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think that this one might interest certain people....

Limited edition kit from Hasegawa of the Messerschmitt Bf 109E. This kit can be built as either a Bf 109E-4/N or a Bf 109E-3. Markings are included for three aircraft flown by Adolf Galland. Also included is a superbly cast resin figure of Galland.

Attachments

• HA09879.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 44
got these 2 yesterday airbrush is second hand but never used got it for a tenner .the Hurri seems like a nice kit raised panel lines but we cant have everything can we

Attachments

• 100_0556.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 60
Great bargain on the air brush Jamie! The Hurricane isn't a bad kit overall, considering it's age. It's nopt 100% accurate, but looks OK, and the only big let down is the wheels, but they look reasonable when painted.I've already done one a few years ago, converted back to Mk1 from the later Revell version in MkIIc guise, and it certainly looks the part when built and painted. I'm aiming to get one to go with the JU88, for the Czech museum, so that victor and vanquished can both be displayed.
BTW, re your other thread. The pic of the 249 Sqn hurricanes I was thinking of turned out to be 501 Sqn ! But, I've found a couple of pics of Nicholson himself, and I'm sure i've got a shot of 249 Hurri somewhere - I'll keep looking.

Jamie, as supplied, the kit wheels don't look too bad. They're moulded to represent the pressed metal spokes, and have a bit of a tread appearance to the tyres, but just looked a bit 'soft' in detail to me. BUT I made mine worse by trying to enhance them at the time, probably 18 years ago now I think. I drilled out and filed the 'slots' between the spokes, but Ii should have really put a plastic disc behind the hub, inside the wheel, recessed. As a result, they now look bl**dy awful in my opinion, and the aftermarket resin wheels are no longer available. Maybe someone will re-issue some now the Revell kit is out?
Basically, if you assemble the wheels, sand off the tread, and do some careful painting and maybe a bit of a wash over the wheel rims, they'll look fine. The kit itself is a bit on the basic side, but was 'the business' when first released, and with a little extra detailing work can look very good as a Mk1.As it's such a chunky beast, it's worth doing some extra work, and a very nice model can result.
If you need any detail shots, including cockpit etc, let me know. I can send you a book on CD, after this weekend when my PC's CD drive is replaced (and the bl**dy Postal Strike out of the way!), plus some of my own pics and some diagrams, plans etc.

that would be most hepfull terry havent done any kind of scratch building before so this is a good time to give it a try i have plenty of time while i figure out the decals etc for the 249 squadron machine

Yippideedoodah!!
I've finally got it!
Picked up the Revell 1/32nd scale JU88 from the Model Shop just an hour ago, so I'm now in the Guttorm und Wayne Junkers Klub!
Also took delivery yesterday of another kit for the 56 Squadron build, the Hasegawa 1/48th Typhoon Mk1B, car door. This is the 1998 release, and I got it at the 1998 price too! Actually, the price label from the original shop had it marked at £17.99, and I paid £14.99, which is not at all bad for a kit which is now £23 !!
The JU88 will be built as the belly landed example, shot down (shared claim) by Roman's (Seesul) late friend, Josef Stehlik, in October 1940, after an attack on the Rootes factory at Liverpool, directly opposite Speke Aerodrome, where Josef was based! It belly landed on the banks of the River Mersey, on the Wirral, about 8 Km or so from where I once lived, and only a few hundred metres from where a mate's dad once had a pub!
Once the model is finished, and on a (hopefully) accurate base portraying the crash area, it will be going to the museum in Slavicin, Czech Republic, where Josef lived. I hope to be able to provide a 1/32nd scale model of the Hurricane Josef used at the time too.
OH, and I've solved the problem of finding room to display my models. I'm going to convert the rooms in my house into display areas, and live in the bl**dy huge box the JU88 came in!!!

Attachments

• Buys 044.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Buys 045.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 53
No probs Jamie. Bung me a PM with an address, and I'll get a bundle of stuff off to you. I'm fairly sure I have a basic profile of a 249 Hurricane, maybe even Nicholson's, so I'll include what I've got. As for the codes for the model, there should be grey code decals in 1/32nd scale - Hannant's will probably have some, but I doubt if they'll have the 'oversized' ones, as the two or three squadrons which applied these letters, probably misinterpreted the orders regarding proportions. Have a look anyway, and if you can't find any, and don't feel confident in hand painting them (not too bad at this size, and with mainly 'angular' letters), let me know and I'll have a go at printing some for you, when I do Jan's stuff in a week or so.
It's not a problem, as I need to do some others for myself, and I'd rather fill a clear decal sheet than waste an area which would be too small to feed into the printer.

i just got my 88 too but i am not in your club as mine is only 1/48 i will get a pm off to you once i have fed the kids terry . cant immagine how big that 88 is in 1/32 as its big enough in 48 lol good luck living in the box though lol

Giz a chance! Got to finish the Beau first, which I think just wins on overall dimensions. Should have a good few months to build it though Karl, as, if possible, I'd like to drive out to Slavicin next year. That way, I can safely transport the model(s) and the painting. At least there's a few parts I won't have to build, as the landing gear will be in the 'up' position, the rear canopy off etc etc.
I have to admit, I think this is the first time ever when I've opened a kit box and been (slightly) phased by all the intricate parts! The instruction sheets, at first glance, look mind boggling! Seems a shame to fill it full of 'bullet' holes and other damage, but I will be getting another one for next year's BoB GB, which will be built as 'normal', and maybe even with some of that new fangled Eduard PE and stuff, as per Wayne's.

Users who are viewing this thread