Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi guys, here is my latest score. Granted its not WWII but its damn cool as hell.

lmmis4537.jpg

I also picked up this Tamiya weathering kit. Has anyone used this before? I got it for the Hs 129 in the MTO GB. Suggestions welcome

87079.jpg

The picture is of the Minicraft USAF AC-130H Gunship in 1/144 scale.

Yes the weathering kit appears to be pastel like. it comes with an applicator much like women use to apply eye makeup

Ah, a Spooky, or Spectre, or whatever they're called these days, nice! I guess you use the Tamiya stuff in a similar fashion to pastels then. Wayne posted a PDF on pastel use here, which might help, although if you want to replicate an overall dusty look, the technique might be slightly different. A light dusting overall, with the 'makep up' brush, particularly where dust and grime would accumulate or streak would do the trick. A bit of practice on a suitably painted piece of scrap should give you some ideas of density, coverage, effects and so on.

The picture is of the Minicraft USAF AC-130H Gunship in 1/144 scale.

Yes the weathering kit appears to be pastel like. it comes with an applicator much like women use to apply eye makeup

I have the same thing. When using it wipe some off on a paper towel....as a lot accumulates when you wet the applicator.

Last edited:
Ah! Great buy! What's it like, as I'm waiting for the 1/48th scale version. It's a pity Italeri didn't make the new one in 1/32nd scale though - a bit strange making a 1/35th scale aircraft related vehicle!

Since last weeks picture didn't show up I'm adding it to this weeks pickup.

Last week I got the Minicraft 1/144 AC-130H Gunship and last night I received the Academy 1/144 B-47 Strato Jet.

HOLDING.jpg

I know this might be somewhat sacrilegious on a site dedicated to WWII aircraft but I worked on C-130 while in the USAF and well the Strato Jet is just frigging cool as hell. Now I'm hunting for the B-36 Peacekeeper in 1/144.

The great thing about 1/144 bombers is they don't require an addition be built onto your house.

There are a new C-130 from AModel, it is Blue Angels Fat Albert and comes with a nice Blue Angels F-4 too !

amo1425.jpg

Can be bought here:

C-130&F4J 'Blue Angel' Aerobatic team, AMO1425, AMODEL ::: www.HobbyTerra.com

Mine is coming.... :D :D :D

I thought about ordering the "Fat Albert" myself. Being a C-130 guy I still might. Didn't know about the F-4 coming with it. Kewl..

Airframes. Let me know about the 1/144 B-36. They are hard to come by. I just saw one on ebay but the guy wants $22 just to ship it from Iowa. I ship computers all over the lower 48 for that same price and they are a lot heaver then a model kit.

Also looking for a decent B-58 in 1/72 or 1/144

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back