Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To get good depth of field, I found I had to use a tripod with small aperture but you'll need to experiment. My rig is a Canon EOS

Smaller the aperture, greater the depth of field, and a longer exposure, so tripod is essential. Main thing with an SLR, especially if it has an over ride for auto, is the control of DoF, where you might want, say a ten inch depth, but out of foucus background - or the other way around, where all in focus from, say, four inches in front of lens to three feet beyond, and so on. For models though, the lens size chosen is also important, in order to avoid image distortion, compression and/or 'keystoning'. Anything below about 35mm and the above problems start to come into play. Ideal setting, if the camera allows it, would be around 38mm to 45mm equivalent, with manual control of any macro settings.

It's a great lens Cory, equivalent to around a 250mm tele. The settings you'll use most with that lens would be around the mid-point, but of course you'll find what suits what with a bit of playing about. Down at 18mm, on Macro, it'll be good for extreme close-up detail shots, but you'll masybe see some distortion at the frame edges - not a problem for the image area though.

Sweet camera mate 8) your damn right about lenses too , some of them cost the same as a house!

Great advice too Terry , hopefully that'l improve my shitty photopgrahy

Apparently I bought a Fujimi Royal Navy Phantom and an Airfix Sea Harrier online last night. I say "apparently" becasue the e-mail receiptes were there when I woke up this morning. I was the wrong side of quite a bit of wine. It seems I decided that I fancied a bit of FAA jet action alongside the Spitifres. :oops:

Apparently I bought a Fujimi Royal Navy Phantom and an Airfix Sea Harrier online last night. I say "apparently" becasue the e-mail receiptes were there when I woke up this morning. I was the wrong side of quite a bit of wine. It seems I decided that I fancied a bit of FAA jet action alongside the Spitifres. :oops:

Very Cool! I take ambian occasionaly and so far I have gotten 12 goodnight sleeps and 4 bombers off of eBay, which I don't remember getting :lol:

Reminds me of a mate years ago, after touring France by train. He got p*ssed one night (again) and took photos the next day,from the train, of what he thought were cable cars in the Alps. When he had the film developed, they turned out to be the coal buckets on an overhead ropeway at a mine near Courtrai!!

:lol: @ Terry!

Lastest 2 P-40's ( bottom one had for a while) Know I said I'd cut back :oops: Who can resist a P-40 though?

All to join their respective Air Forces

Attachments

• IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back