Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

En route to my door, should be here any day now:

Edouard 1/48 P400 Airacobra, weekend edition (yeah, right).

Hobby Boss 1/48 KV-2

Revell-Germany F9F Panther

Tamiya Frank Ki 84 Hayate.

tom

Last edited:
Some nice stuff there guys. Has your Tante Ju arrived yet Jan??
The Typhoon kit's a beaut Peter, I've got the basic Hasegawa version for the '56' build, and even that's well detailed. Looks like there's a Tiffie Fetish at the moment, as I've ordered the old Monogram 1/48th kit, and Daniel is doing the Revell 1/32nd scale kit, plus, I'm ordering the MDC RP sets for Daniel and myself, as I want to 'update' my old Revell 1/32nd scale conversion to rocket-equipped, to make it correct for the Squadron portrayed. If you need any plans/info etc for the Tiffie, just let me know.

Some nice stuff there guys. Has your Tante Ju arrived yet Jan??
The Typhoon kit's a beaut Peter, I've got the basic Hasegawa version for the '56' build, and even that's well detailed. Looks like there's a Tiffie Fetish at the moment, as I've ordered the old Monogram 1/48th kit, and Daniel is doing the Revell 1/32nd scale kit, plus, I'm ordering the MDC RP sets for Daniel and myself, as I want to 'update' my old Revell 1/32nd scale conversion to rocket-equipped, to make it correct for the Squadron portrayed. If you need any plans/info etc for the Tiffie, just let me know.

Thanks Terry I'm absolutely sure I'll get to it this year (sometime!) The other is the later "bubble top" which I intend doing as this 245 Sqn machine. It just got to look great in the cabinet! I've got the decals on pre-order now, so fingers crossed, it will come through soon. Photo and profiles are from Model Aircraft Monthly. 07/09

My only problem is that I'm going to need some more rockets in 1/48th. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• next project.jpg
    next project.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 66
  • next project 2.jpg
    next project 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 78
Sure is, a real nice one. Needs a bit of persuasion here and there, but not much.
Peter, let me know when you want any stuff, as I've got a fair amount of detail info, and probably the best plan set going (1/72nd and 1/24th, but easily re-scaled), the original Arthur Bentley drawings. I can probably let you have the set of SAP RP's from my Tamiya Beau if they'll do - need to see what the old Monogram 'bubbletop' kit's RP's are like first though - seem to remember they're OK with a bit of work to the fins. I'm putting a package together on Tiffie stuff for Daniel, so no problem doing two!

Nothing like Peters Typhoon but some quick,easy and different kits ;) Kevin

Attachments

• shop 074 (900 x 675).jpg
    shop 074 (900 x 675).jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 50
Nothing like Peters Typhoon but some quick,easy and different kits ;) Kevin

That Tripe would look good as one of the Black Flight
"The Triplane was famously flown by No. 10 Naval Squadron's "B" Flight, better known as "Black Flight." This all-Canadian flight was commanded by the ace Raymond Collishaw. Their aircraft, named Black Maria, Black Prince, Black George, Black Death and Black Sheep, were distinguishable by their black-painted fins and cowlings.[7] Black Flight claimed 87 German aircraft in three months while equipped with the Triplane. Collishaw himself scored 34 of his eventual 60 victories in the aircraft, making him the top Triplane ace.[20]"

That Tripe would look good as one of the Black Flight
"The Triplane was famously flown by No. 10 Naval Squadron's "B" Flight, better known as "Black Flight." This all-Canadian flight was commanded by the ace Raymond Collishaw. Their aircraft, named Black Maria, Black Prince, Black George, Black Death and Black Sheep, were distinguishable by their black-painted fins and cowlings.[7] Black Flight claimed 87 German aircraft in three months while equipped with the Triplane. Collishaw himself scored 34 of his eventual 60 victories in the aircraft, making him the top Triplane ace.[20]"

Now that is a cool sounding squadron thier PB don't make any extra effort and going do a search but if you got some pic in your puter would be cool to see.I will later see what I can find when I am ready.Thks amuch for the info PB.;) Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back