Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You should enjoy that kit I think Keith !
Nice one Igor, I'd like a 1/48th scale example too, but just might get the Revell1/32nd scale monster when it arrives!
Nice LRDG set Dirk - I think that might be my Dad in the driver's seat of the Chevrolet - looks like pics of him at the time. Pity he's not still around, I could have got some background info for you.

You're very close to the truth there Igor! I'm seriously thinking of renting a small plot of land off a farmer I know, and building a small cabin for weekend escapes - and to store models! Either that, or the models have my house, and I live permanently in the cabin!

Nice one Wayne! I also got myself another 1/32nd scale Bf109 - arrived today. I've been looking for this kit for years, as it's been out of production since 1990, and Revell, who purchased the Matchbox moulds in 1991, haven't released it to date.
It's the 1976 vintage Bf109E, a state of the art, highly detailed kit back then, which still holds it's own very well today - deep panel lines and some chunky parts aside. I've already got one I built in the mid-eighties, which is about to have it's second re-paint, as a practice for the BoB GB, and I'll post a revue of the kit soon. The kit was designed around (and with the help of the staff), the example at the RAF Museum Hendon, and is accurate, apart from the aforementioned 'heavy' areas, which are easily corrected.
Note the box art, showing one of the decal options for Galland's machine - after it went to the training unit!

Attachments

• Buys 153.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 67
Double post! Not my fault, honest! I got a message stating 'Internal Server Error - unable to complete'etc. so posted again!
I've now deleted the repeated text/image!

Last edited:
Yea, I knew that Evan. In my hobby shop there's one Hasegawa He 111 kit standing there for over a year now, but no one wants to buy it as it's so expensive. I was waiting for shop to resupply with Revell kits so I could buy this one. Don't understand such great difference in price for the same kit though.

Even if e-bay isn't the best place to buy kits, sometime is the only option to find discontinued kits.
So I did and, after a long search, I found this one:

It's the 1:48 kit for Savoia Marchetti SM 79 manufactured by Classic Airframes.
The SM79 Sparviero was the most famous medium bomber and torpedo bomber used by Regia Aeronautica and ANR in WW2.
If you want to know more, you can go here:
Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The box art despise a machine used during the Spanish Civil War but I think I will do a torpedo bomber.
This will be in a few months from now as I still have to complete two projects and a third one (BF 109 G-14) just started
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread