Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good on you Even, well done mate, very pleased for you.

As for my luck today, look what the postman brought. Been waiting for this lot for just over 3 weeks, got delayed by the volcanic cloud up north.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• Post 1.jpg
    Post 1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Post 2.jpg
    Post 2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 81
My newest aircraft purchase was the Nakajima J1N1-Sa Night Fighter. Probably be a while before it gets built, though. At the rate I'm going, it'll take me the whole summer just to finish the Ta-154. :lol:

No rush Mando, the new onw sounds good.
Very nice haul Vic. You'll wonder how you ever managed without that razor saw - brilliant tool!

I just received Olimp's 1/72 scale Resin Lockheed XP-58 Chain Lightning. Looks pretty decent and detailed. With PE and Vac Canopies. Only complaint is that everything is all stuffed into ONE BAG! Ouch!

Now...Does anyone have any interior pictures of the cockpit and gunners position? Yeah right....:(

I picked that up already from that US Cockpits website. It really makes me wonder though... A color picture of the instrument panel of a plane that was scrapped shortly after WWII? Either it's a reproduction or it isn't what it says. (Ignoring the outside possibility that someone had the forsight to remove the instrument panel from the actual aircraft. doubtful.) either way, I'm reserving my complete belief until I can find some form of confirmation.

Good on you Even, well done mate, very pleased for you.

As for my luck today, look what the postman brought. Been waiting for this lot for just over 3 weeks, got delayed by the volcanic cloud up north.

Is this what you are looking for? I remembered seeing this on one of my many searches for aircraft pics on-line. :?:

Attachments

• Bruster-Buffalo-Dutch-Cockpit.jpg
    Bruster-Buffalo-Dutch-Cockpit.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 70
Great scores guys, especially Vic's...looking forward to seeing you do that Buffalo...

(I have special Hobby's 1:72 RNZAF Buffalo, btw -double build some time? :) )

..cheers too guys for the well wishes! Last day at the current job tomorrow, start the new one in 2 weeks - gotta quickly sort out a flat and stuff up there...

Welld one Evan,good on yer mate.:)
I just ordered the Airfix WWII RAF Airfield set and a 1/72 Bristol Blenheim with plans to make my own diorama (I knew it wouldn't be long until I decided to make one!)
Lots of planning to do for this and some russian bird to build meanwhile.....

Last edited:
Nivc one Tony. You need to watch the diorama doesn't get out of hand - I've had an Airfix control tower I converted to a slightly different pattern, sitting for years, all ready to go, detailed and painted, along with the crash-trucks etc, for a small cameo diorama, but I keep thinking it might grow into half an airfield, as I don't know where to stop!

Not a problem Evan,I have a large bookshelf in my display room which I plan to house the diorama in so I have to make it to fit which stops things getting out of control........hopefully..:lol:
Cheers,
Tony.

Very nice haul Vic. You'll wonder how you ever managed without that razor saw - brilliant tool!

I've been hanging out for that razor saw Terry ever since you first mentioned it months ago, have got a swag of jobs lined up for it. I had a big smile on my face when it arrived....:p :p :p

Great scores guys, especially Vic's...looking forward to seeing you do that Buffalo...

(I have special Hobby's 1:72 RNZAF Buffalo, btw -double build some time? :) )

Gon'na have to wait awhile Even, it's scheduled for a GB in 2011, yes and your right, I like to be well prepared. BTW, good luck with the new job, flat hunting and move, all very exciting.....:):)

You certainly won't regret it Alex! Ever since I saw Wojtek's example, I'd been on the look-out for one, and Matt very kindly sent me one as a gift! Thanks again Matt, it's one of the most useful tools I've ever had in nearly fifty years of modelling!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back