Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice buys guys. Peter, you can always scratch-build the earlier, 'square' mantlet on the Stug, although some 'opposition' for the Kursk GB is needed!
I can just hear Mrs Wayne - "Not another bl**dy one! WAAAYNE!!!"
BTW, what's this 'plan' thing??!!

Just bought myself the Revell 1/72 Gannet AS Mk 1/4, reduced to eight quid in Hobbycraft, and bought the Revell 1/144 Stealth Fighter starter set for my girlfriend, as she likes F-117s and also wants to have a go at building a kit 8)

It's great when the girlfriend likes your hobby. Then you get married, and your airbrush and compressor turn into a dishwasher, and your rally car becomes a conservatory.....
Plan? I couldn't plan two centuries ahead!!

Hi Guys

Got these three in the mail today. The Hien is one of my all time favourite aircraft, and this is heading for the stash to be completed sometime in the next 100 years!

The two armor kits are for the Kursk GB, but I haven't worked out which to use at the moment. I'm tempted to head for the T34 with a twist - a Wermacht captured version if I can find a pic of the same model in use at Kursk. The Germans apparently used them for the battle with some 22 T34 tanks on strength. That should be interesting. Both the Tamiya Armour kits have diecast chassis to add "weight". :rolleyes: All in all, after opening the box, three good kits that should make great projects.8)

Cheers

Peter

Nice Hein there grrr

Just got these two - first one will be added to my Spanish Civil War collection. And it actually comes with rigging instructions as well. Second one is an addition for the Regia Aeronautica.

Attachments

• heller-228.jpg
    heller-228.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 77
  • supermodel_z-1007bis-alcione.jpg
    supermodel_z-1007bis-alcione.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
J... Second one is an addition for the Regia Aeronautica.
Hi,
very nice decision to buy the "Alcione"
I only suggest to check national insignia to be applied.
First planes started service in 1940 and it possible but unlikely (IMHO) that they were still sporting tricolour roundels and fin.
Cheers
Alberto

Ok, I have to accept that I have never been crazy about German planes, but the minute I saw this bird I changed my mind radically. The package arrived today and as I opened the box my first impulse was to share with you guys.

This is my newest acquisition, the Bf 110G-4; being this my introduction to the Eduard models, and after going through the parts I have to say that It is the most neat model o my stash (Which is not extensive anyway)

At first glance I can tell the quality is superb. There is no plastic flash and the detail is unbelievable. It comes with several PE parts including mint colored navigation instruments. The instruction booklet is extensive and features history, description of 4 different camo, and detailed assembling instructions of the aircraft (It even has an updated supplement addressing mistakes printed on the original instructions)

Being a novice modeler, It would be sacrilege to touch this model now (That nose antenna looks highly intimidating), so I'll wait until I have some more experience to take the challenge. I just wanted to share the excitement with you guys.

Peace.

Attachments

• Bf 110_box.jpg
    Bf 110_box.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 65
  • Bf 110_parts.jpg
    Bf 110_parts.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back