Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My latest purchases was Guinness, Blackbeard and some other eerrrmmmm things.

Given to me the other day....................................DOWN JAN......... DOWN.......................need it to make some 'stout-citrus glaze' to go with nice grilled lamb chops.

Only need 250ml, the rest I can drink...................chefs privilege..............

Just got back from my LHS. I had to get some more paint when I stumbled upon this baby. I've been wanting one of these as long as I can remember.

Academy 1/144 scale B58A Hustler

What's really interesting about this kit is that it comes with a complete interior for all three crew stations. The front office has an instrument panel (with a decal for the instruments), a rear bulkhead, and an ejection seat, all fitting onto a floor that also makes up the nose gear well. No control stick is provided, but there is sidewall detail. The rear two cockpits share a floor, with bulkheads instrument panels splitting the two sections off. The seats are the same as the one up in front. Like the pilot's station, the rear two stations also have sidewall detailing. While you may think that none of this will be visible when the model is finished, the kit has the hatches separate, letting you pose them in the open position. The only other thing you'll want to add to the insides of the fuselage is some weight in the nose (the instructions suggest 2-3 grams).

The decals offer a pair of Hustlers to choose from, one from the 43rd BW and one from the 6592nd TS. Like all B-58s, both of these examples are natural metal overall, with a black radome antiglare panel. The differences are in the details, with the 43rd BW plane having the standard SAC sash on the nose and red stripes on the tail. These red stripes are also present on the pod, along with a number 'B-186'. The final individual marking is the name 'The Firefly' on the nose. Two choices are provided for the name, one in red and one in black. The 6592nd TS plane is somewhat plainer in appearance, wtih no SAC sash and just a red chevron on the tail. A fairly good selection of stencilling is included, which when combined with a nice multi-colored NMF finish should really make your Hustler look great no matter which option you choose.

I'm probably going to build the plane from the 43rd BW solely based on the fact that is the one with the SAC Sash. I just think it looks cool 8)

EDIT: Sorry I'm not home so I tried to post the box from the web and for some reason it didn't post. This replacement picture is the box art without the writting. I need to go change my shorts now. I'm that excited about this one.

I also read in fine scale modeler that Mini craft is coming out with a new B52 in 1/144. The LHS had it and it took great restraint to pass on the $32 Stratofortress at this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread