Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some nice stuff here. The Hustler has always intrigued me, looking liek a spacecraft even back in the early 60s. The Revell/Monogram 1/48th kit made a very brief re-appeaarnce a few months ago, but i haven't seen it since.
Looks like a good book Glenn, let us know what it's like when you've had a chance to look at it properly. Wouldn't mind it myself if it isn't too costly.

Well, I don't! And for this, I've got certain people to thank....it's a very short list, with only two names on it, one lives in Norway and one lives somewhat further away, a tad to the south and it's a rather hot place I've heard too....
I'm sure that shortly, I'll be adding a third person the list, someone who lives just south of the border from me, someone that has a fetish for a specific WWII USN fighter, with a rather round shape and also collect odd water living creatures...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, it's gonna be a longterm project a' la 5 Year Plan....:lol:

Just ordered this from L "Arsenal for my 1/32 Ju 88A-1 to A-4 conversion....

I see that the resin is good...let me correct - OUTSTANDING! - but what company makes a 1/32 Ju 88 in an A-1, and not the A-4? Seems weird to me.

I guess my question is (if the company that produces the 1/32 kit that you are using makes an A-4) why not use that as a starting point instead of an A-1? Just curious... :confused:

I'm guessing Revell made the A-1 for a number of reasons; they had access to two real ones, restored or under restoration, found as they had been in 1940. The kit was produced in time for the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of WW2, and the BoB. Also, there were no other A-1 kit versions around of this important aircraft, not since Frog in the mid 1960s. It will/would probably be easier to engineer a kit to be released later with parts to make the A-4 / A-5, than to back-engineer to the A-1, plus, as has happened, a wealth of aftermarket parts would be expected for other versions.
In other scales , there have been numerous kits of the Ju88 in versions other than the A-1, and, until Revell released their kit, none had the benefit of an actual aircraft from which to take measurements and data, some of which has been able to prove the location, or otherwise of certain fittings, such as dive brakes.

Two news:

Book:

Osprey-04.jpg

I did a review :

Review Osprey: Aircraft Modelling, by Brett Green SprueMaster – Tudo sobre Modelismo !

kit Roden Pilatus PC-6 1/48

pilatus-pc-6-01.jpg

I did a review:

Kit Review: RODEN – Pilatus PC-6C/H-2 Turbo Porter "Air America" 1/48 #440 SprueMaster – Tudo sobre Modelismo !

all great ! Recomended !

Waiting for Hannants to deliver my new acquisitions. Paid a fiver for 1st class postage, so it should come tomorrow. Should have driven to Hendon like I originally planned to do, would have cost me less in fuel and I would have all the paints that I need to carry on with my current crop of projects ](*,)

just an inquiring mind that would like to know and honestly no-way a modeller but was not there a Ju 88G-6 kit to be released this year ? haven't seen anyone attempt this crate, is it that difficult or spendy or ......... ? maybe overall the kit sucks bashed together or ?

curious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back