Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Peebs, I never heard of the Boomerang, I really want to see that one built

From " Fighter Aircraft" Francis Crosby, Imperial War Museum Duxford

The Boomerang was born of a desparation and the sudden need in December 1941 to defend Australia from the Japanese. The aircraft was based on Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation's earlier Wirraway which was in turn developed from the North American NA-16 trainier. The Wirraway's wing, undercarriage and tail were mated to a new fuselage and the resulting Boomerang prototype was produced in only three months. The Twin Wasp engine was considered too low powered for fighters elesewhwere but the Boomerang design team used it to power their aircraft, which entered service in October 1942. This well armed, tough and manoeuvrable aircraft first flew into action in April 1943 and proved to be an adversary to be reckoned with. As other fighter types became available the Boomerang was quickly replaced, having served in New Guinea and defended western and northern Australia in the country's time of need.

picture from 'airliners.net' copyright Kris Mogford

Yeah - to be able to see 1/48th scale would be a bonus for me !!
Nice stuff Dirk - quite fancy doing a Hawkeye in 1/48th scale, but the kit is a bit pricey.

Thanks Evan...got these too...

New bits for my Ju88 and another new 1/700 AKAGI just released...

Attachments

• Arsenal_Ju88 Rear Canopy_1766.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 69
  • 500kg Bombs_1764.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 73
  • ETC Bomb Racks_1761.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Fujimi Akagi_1756.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 70
Ok Guys there are pics on the revell web sight of the new arado float plane its the prototype so its warts and all but still it looks real sweet.BB

Users who are viewing this thread