Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No worries Terry....standard procedure these days mate, the extra parts will come....somrtime down the track.....

Yep, I guess so. Just a pity that manufacturers take this approach these days, issuing different boxings of the same basic kit with the aim, or hope, of achieving more sales. I thought it much better when the one basic kit was released with alternative parts and decals, in cases like a '109 Trop at least, where only minor additions are required.
Thankfully, some of the 'newer' labels still take the old route, with multi-option kits, ICM and Academy being good examples.

Terry, I expect a standard F-4 and F-2 with the differing prop blades and oil covers then I would epect a boxing with all the combinations...as well as other decal options and schemes down the track...cha-ching! the cash register ticks over!

When my brother came up for the funeral he said he had bought a box of models at a garage sale and was bringing them up. I was expecting 6-8 beaters. This is what he got FOR $20 !!!!!

Second pic is 1/72 the rest are 1/48. All appear to be complete and unstarted. Some boxes are a little moldy.
Not bad for a little over 50 cents a kit.

Attachments

• Modelbuy1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Modelbuy2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Modelbuy3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Modelbuy4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Modelbuy5-1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 61
Wow! That's some haul there Andy. There's some classics, and some nice ones in there, and a couple I might be interested in myself, if he wants to part with any? Do you know the scale on the gas truck, bottom right, last photo?

Oh boy...somebody needed more room in his stash . For new models of course.

Nice purchases Andy.

Last edited:
Second picture is ALL 1/72 and I will be getting rid of those.

The rest are 1/48 including all the trucks. Terry, I'll swap you the White gas truck for the decals we've been talking about.

That's an unfair swap Andy - the kit is worth more than just a few decals mate! Anyway, I've sent you a PM re the decals, and I'd certainly be interested in doing a deal on the gas truck, and maybe a couple of the other 1/48th scale kits, if you wish to part with them. Send me a PM and we'll sort something.
This is something I wouldn't normally buy, but a mate picked it up for me before he went on holiday a couple of weeks ago, and dropped it off tonight. For only £1.99 ($3 US) I couldn't really say no. Not a bad little magazine, and a neat 1/72nd scale diecast Spit MkVb, Buck Casson's of 616 Sqn, 1941.

Attachments

• Can Jan 407.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 51
  • Can Jan 409.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 45
That is a score and a half Andy. Well done.

I've been busy collecting bits for another project I want to get into.

I had a sudden thought that I needed a Mosquito (does this happen to you?) and found this one on evilbay for a modest $20.00.

All good, but I better log onto Sprue B and get some pieces to help out, so um yes, the postie had another job

Then the urge struck that it had to be a RAAF 1 Squadron machine, which is a great because there is quite a bit of choice in decals - surprisingly so yes, I found 4 different sets that had 5 different 1 Sqn machines.

I now have a choice of doing:
A52-513 MoNA "Here's Troub-Ole"
A52-502 SoNA
A52-518 YoNA "The Bondie Blonde"
A52-525 JoNA "Lady Luck"
A52-534 LoNA "Chief Sitting Bull"

Still I think I might be tempted in doing A52-520 BoNA if I can work out the door art (?) for this one. Maybe I should just get more Mosquito's!

Last pic is another bargain bin purchase that I intend completing and putting in the cabinet next to Tuck's Hurricane DTA. Gallands 109E-4. Should make a great pair. I'll be busy.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• lona and bona.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 45
  • mona.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 42
  • P1020051.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P1020050.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 46
  • P1020049.jpg