Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"...accidentally stopped by Hannants..." Well how in the world do such accidents happen!:lol:

That kit is absolutely loaded with detail parts, almost to the point of absurdity (e.g. every exhaust pipe is an individual piece). The decals are, indeed, very nice and the kit builds into a very nice model. However, engine nacelle to wing fit is a bit dodgy and takes a lot of filling and sanding.

Hmm filling and sanding, that sounds like I will have to concentrate :) Surprised to hear in a way as the attention to detail suggested by the box contents and parts list is bonkers ... I have a few other boxes on the shelf yet so hopefully i will have gotten a bit better with some easier stuff by the time the dark nights come and i tackle this ...

Strange how we modellers are accident prone - and amazing how a tin of paint arrives home accompanied by two or three kits which 'accidentally' fell off a shelf into our arms !!

Latest pickup off ebay, Monogram 1/48 P-51C for $6.

monogramp51ckit.gif

Strange how we modellers are accident prone - and amazing how a tin of paint arrives home accompanied by two or three kits which 'accidentally' fell off a shelf into our arms !!

If only we could get an insurance for those kind of 'accidents' ;)

Jelmer, the stuff from grey matter figures is well made (I have some Hurricane bits), and they provide a good service too. If you can't get a prop, I may have a spare spinner, although it will need altering from four blade to three.

I did take a good hard look at some of the Spitty bits Grey Matter have to offer. I came across a Vb Tropical correction set (intended for the aging Hasegawa kit I think) but since I like the Tropicalized versions of the Spitty this seems like a good purchase as it has a correctly shaped prop/spinner (taking a good look at the HobbyBoss kitparts indeed showed the kitparts to be way off in that particular area sitting somewhere in between a Rotol and DeHavilland prop/spinner) and in addition it has some parts to tropicalize Spitty Vb.

The service of Grey Matter was excellent indeed as well. I had problems with PayPal to pay for my order, but they worked something out within a few hours so I could pay for my order.

Vb.jpg

Long overdue because of a mix-up in the mail and a shop owner going on vacation, but today I finally received the Zero I ordered about a month ago.

1111_rn.jpg

Yup, the Tamiya A6M5 seemed like a real piece of art to me but costs an arm and a leg. The Hasegawa kit on the other hand still seems like a wonderful kit to me, and was dead cheap actually for a Hasegawa kit. I wanted to use this for a GB happening on a Dutch forum, but the backyard BBQ/Swap-meet/show-event to conclude the GB is this sunday, so I won't make it :S...oh well..perhaps still a good candidate for the Aces GB over here ;) (although I NEED to really finish a few projects before starting yet another one)

Last edited:
Here's what I grabbed while on vacation:

DSC_06853.jpg

The Ki-100 and F4U-7 are my brother's, while I bought the J2M for my dad. Best part of these was that nothing in here cost more than $20. I don't know if the ARII kits are any good, but I got a Spit (which I've never built before! :oops:), and I wanted to do an Aussie one and the kits decals are for that. I've also seen the mid-wing version of the George for about $40, so it was a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back